New Job

Y/N's POV:
"Take my arm" suggested Jehan and I did. It was much easier to walk to the streets of Paris accompanied by a man, even for me who had got used to rediculus comments or catwhistling.

We walked down many streets until we reached a lonely Café by a small alley.

"Café Musain! Here it is" said Jehan. "Come on, don't be shy y/n." he smirks "Come in" he opens the door for me like a real gentleman and a few moments later, I find myself sitting in a small round table, waiting for the lady who runs the Café to come. "She's upstairs cleaning" says Jehan laughing. "Madame Houcheloup! I think you have a visitor" shouts Jehan from the stairs.

I see a middle aged woman climbing down the stairs and staring confused at me. "Bonjour madame, I'm y/n" I say making a small bow. "I wander if you have a job for me here" she looks up and down to me, then turns and looks at Jehan.

"We are send here by Enjolras" he smiled.

The woman turned again her stare to me and smiled. "Of course I have a job for you. Only it's part time, because I already have two waitresses that I pay." looks strictly down to Jehan, who smiles widely and acts like he didn't understand the meaning of the stare. "You can come here late in the afternoon and be the last who will leave the Café dear. I'm sorry I can't do anything better, it will be a little exhausting but I can't change now the program of the other two."

I feel Jehan smiling to madame Houcheloup behind my back and see her mirroring his face, but act like I didn't notice -at least now.

"Well, thank you then." I say "When shall I begin?"

"Come this night at 8:00" she says smiling.

I nodd again and thank her once more. When me and Jehan are outside again, I hear madame's voice spelling a "Charming girl!" and can't anymore hide my smile.

"Tell me Jehan, what's going on?"

"What do you mean mon ami?"

"You know very well what I mean mon ami. You nodded and smiled to madame Houcheloup behind my back several times -don't deny it, I felt it. Why so?"

He laughs "It's a surprise"

"What do you mean?"

"You'll see tonight. Don't panic, I think you 'll like it and you'll thank me after tonight."

I rolled my eyes, smiled and jokingly lightly hitted his arm. "I wish it's worth it." I say to him exploring for the answer in his eyes.