Café Musain

The meeting went well, we finally came all in an agreement without to deal with anger or pessimism, so we thought that we could let ourselves have a break and drink.

Alcohol made us cheerful. At this moment everyone looked happy and relieved from the weight of our discussion.

I made my way to Courfeyrac who knew every girl's identity in the country and asked him if he knew anything about the girl singing near the fountain.

"Oh hold on, hold on Enj"

I look at him quite confused.

"Now you ask me if I know anything about a girl you saw near the fountain?"

He said that phrase loud enough for everyone in the room to hear it.

"Yes Courfeyrac." I answer calmly "Did I ask you something weird?"

Everyone on the room seems at least shocked.

"Why do you look at me like that?"

"Enjolras" says Grantaire holding his bottle and coming with drunk steps towards me "It is the first time for us all to hear you speak about a female" he pats my shoulder.

"You're not sober enough to tell." I answer. "Maybe you should hold your alcohol..."

R smiles widely and raises his bottle.
"Bottoms up! Long live the girl at the fountain!" he shouts and winks to me.

Everybody is smiling and raise their glasses but my strict face makes them stop their nonesence.

"You know Enjolras, R has a point." says Courfeyrac to my ear. "By the way, I do not know her personally, I know only that she's called y/n and has a beautiful b-"

"Alright Courf, thank you" I cut nodding his phrase in the middle not willing to hear the rest.

"Did someone of you mentioned y/n?" I heard Jehan's voice beside me. He had been in the bathroom all this time and had catched only her name out of the whole conversation.

"Yes, he did" I responded pointing at Courfeyrac. "Do you know her?"

He nodds. "I find it strange that you don't know her Enjolras. She is relative to Theo Claudel who studies law at the University."

Claudel! That was his last name, I tried to remember the whole afternoon.

"Is she his sister?" I ask.

"She is not his biological sister. But they have grown together like siblings and after their parents death, they live together. She keeps the house and sings to earn some money for the rent and he studies. They may be born poor but they both try their best and live with dignity"

"I see..." I mumble. I don't try to pressure anyone to give me more information about my angel who turned out to be a girl, even if I wanted to. They live with dignity. They appreciate this precious gift called life...