A New Dawn

"Y/N, would you like to accompany me to the university?" says my brother as he is wearing his light coat and I nodd positive.

We walk side by side with the hands in our pockets -although it's still October, you can tell that a deadly winter is coming.

We reach the university and I must stay outside one more time. When Theo gets inside I see Jehan waving at me from across the road.

Jean Prouvaire is a good friend of us, but mostly mine -Theo is quite an introvert. Sometimes we dinner with him or make long conversations while taking a walk in the park. It's nice that I can communicate with the world of men (thanks to my brother of course). With the women I don't feel that I can speak freely. They gossip whatever they hear and that can be a terrible problem. A year before, only my brother could be my connection to the world. But then he discovered Jehan, and thought that we could be friends with him, that I could also be friends with him. He's a kind hearted man with a sensitive soul. He's a poet. And now he is standing next to this Enjolras and waving at me.

I smile to Jehan and approach them walking steadily.

"Bonjour y/n. What do you say? Should we sneak you in the university today?"

I laugh. "Oh I wish we could" I end my phrase with a sigh. Then I turn my eyes to the man that I know his name but haven't been properly introduced yet.