At Joly's

Enjolras's POV:

We finally reached Joly's house. When Theo Claudel fainted from his high fever my first thought was to ask Joly if he could help him. So we brought him - with many difficulties to say the truth-to his home.

And here we stand now with his sister. She looks desperately at the door and I nodd her to step in. I follow her as we going inside, leading her to the room her brother rests. As I open the room's door she runs straight and hugs him, petting his face with her white palms.

"Oh Theo... Oh Theo..." she whispers over her heavy breathing. Then she looks at Joly. He nods at her to remain silent then comes out of the room with her.

"He started caughing" he said as mademoiselle Claudel wanted to hear every little detail about her brother. "It's just a cold but his fever is high and he needs to stay in bed for a while... If he'll not be nursed accordingly, his cold might transform into a pneumonia-and that's much worse." he added. "Although, it is better for him to stay here and not be moved for a second time in the same day... I can check on him when I'm not at the university but in the meantime he should be nursed. So, you should probably come and keep an eye on him until he gets better."

Claudel nodded."I will" she said. "I think I need some air" added after a few moments. I followed with my eyes her figure walking towards the door, opening it and standing there, alone, in a dilemma whether she should -or not- embrace the coldness for one more time. She stand at the doorcase, holding it tight to keep herself on her feet and then came finally out.

I couldn't help it, so I followed her footsteps that led me out in the garden in front of her.

It had just started to snow, and my angel was standing in the middle of a foreign garden, in the middle of this trapping world, tied again with the fatal strings of destiny that could steal every little bright spark of her pale face. She was more like a porcelain doll, standing there, like a statue made by a great desperate artist who was trying to be relieved through his art, dressing her in blue to match her feelings. My angel's wings were ready to be cut. You could see it in her face that she could not bear it to lose a kin again.

And then, the silence broke because she made finally a sound.

She let out a breath that she was holding for a long time and started crying uncontrollably.

Not knowing what could I do to make her feel better and feeling already awful myself for disturbing her in her alone time she needed for crying, I just offered her my handkerchief stepping a bit closer to her, remaining silent.

As she reached her hand towards mine to take it, her delicate frozen white fingertips touched accidentally mine, bringing me in much greater discomfort as I was in, one moment earlier.

"Have my eyes turned in the reddish red you've ever seen already or not yet?" she asked me still crying, trying to joke around at her situation. A smile begun to form on her face as she saw the awkwardness personalized in me. "They have, haven't they?" she repeated her question widening her smile.

"Your whole face have turned to the reddish red I've ever seen" I managed to say, holding a little smile that was forming on my face.

She begun to laugh. She laughed and cried at the same time, looking at me straight in my eyes.

"I'm so so sorry for you..." she managed to say between her crying and laughing. "I look awful when I cry. But thank you for keeping me company at this difficult moment. It would be much worse to me if I was feeling that there's no one in this world caring..." she said as she unconsciously took my palm and cupped it in her hands.

For a moment, the time stopped. And then, Joly entered the garden running.
She left my hand instantly and took a step back.