Part 5: Like Bandit, Like Terrorist

A/N DISCLAIMER
RWBY is property of RoosterTeeth and Monty Oum. All art/vids/music shown are property of their respective artists/companies

[Kyori POV]
Time: Early Morning (Saturday)

Oh dearest me...Just what have I allowed myself to be involved in this time. Surely, I have a death wish for allowing something such as this to unfold...

I suppose, this entire mess of an ordeal falls solely on my own shoulder's. A shame really, I pray that Tukson will see past this foolish decision of mine and see that I only meant to avoid a circumstance such as this one...

The decision of course being...well more accurately; allowing Raven Branwen, leader of the Branwen Tribe and Sienna Khan of The White Fang to discuss...politics in the "break room". Truthfully, the two had arrived at separate times. Raven being the first. Apparently she had required a number of atlas's covering the landscape of Mistral in great detail.

Amusingly enough, I had no knowledge she was the leader of the most infamous bandit tribe until Sienna decided to waltz her way into Tukson and my humble store. The two immediately drew their respective weapons,much to my disdain. Luckily, I was able to somewhat diffuse the situation enough by suggesting the two to civilly call a cease fire.

As of now, the shop is temporarily closed for our "Lunch hour". And yet...I find my appetite has been lost. As I debate on whether or not I should enter the break room, I am only answered with muffled yelling...

"The Branwen Tribe will never submit to trash like you!"

"Human scum like you are a prime reason why my faunas brother's and sister's been driven down this path!"

"And if we are to be labeled as scum, we'll wear the title proudly! Your kind would do well to do the same!"

"All we ask for is equality for all of our race! Your pathetic clan merely commits these crimes for your own personal gain!"

Signing to myself, I am comforted by the companion to the bandit leader. Vernal was her name is I remember correctly...

Vernal: "She can overreact like this at times...more often then not unfortunately..."

"I...suppose you may be right."

Then, the companion the the White Fang's leader speaks up in a rather condescending tone. The infamous Adam Taurus...I would do well to mind my manners around him.

Adam: "She would do well to mind her manners. The same goes for you humans."

Before Vernal can retort his statement, I merely interject. One yelling match is more then enough for me. Two would only be a catastrophe.

"Admittedly...this is not how I expected to spend my lunch period."

Vernal merely chuckles at my comment. Adam on the other hand, simply sneers. Although I thought I could catch the slightest hint of a smile from the horned man. In truth, it was microscopic, nigh invisible. Pressing my luck, I decide to inquire on a rather personal question I had been holding off on for quite some time now.

"Mr.Taurus, If I may...I cant hole but notice your mask. It's a different design in comparison to what your subordinates wear. By the looks of it, it seems to hide an injury rather then act as a symbol."

Admittedly...it was a rather risky move on my part. Perhaps it could be seen as spiteful or threatening, although I did not intend it to come across that way. As expected, the bull faunas simply scoffs at the question.