Part 7: Waiting For Something Golden

A/N DISCLAIMER
RWBY is property of RoosterTeeth and Monty Oum. All art/vids/music shown are property of their respective artists/companies.

[3RD PERSON POV]
LOCATION: Vale (Unimportant Mall)
Time: 2:15PM (The same day)

Our dearest Kyori stood in the electronics isle, sampling the quality of the various headphones available for a customer's "demo version". He stood, staring blankly at the screen of the store's screen that allowed one to select a song of their own choice. He was not to impressed with the mediocre performance of the current pair of headphones he had, and of course he was willing to purchase a new set. Truth be told, he was taken aback by the pair he was trying out.

Pleased with his choice, he reached to grab a box of a identical pair. The box of course, was placed on a shelf directly above the "display" pair. Choosing the black pair, he placed the accessory in his cart before whipping around to find the next item on his list.

So far, he had gathered headphones, a six pack of wine coolers, yogurt, his preferred vegetables, fruits, and flour products. He needed not much else seeing as his house was generally kept in stock of everything he would need for a bi-weekly basis. So instead, he decided to "spoil" himself. The headphones were the first option of course. Following this, Kyori quickly sniffed various candles before placing three of his favorite into his cart. Following this, he decided to gift himself one last item. That item however, was only available when a customer wished to pay.

Bringing his cart towards the register, he began neatly placing the items on the conveyor belt as the cashier scanned each item. Once every item had been scanned, the cashier asked one final question.

Cashier: "Will that be all for you today sir?"

In response, Kyori shook his head "no". Gesturing politely towards the tobacco products, he announced his final item.

"Could I have a pack of 'Lucky Strike'. Regular's preferably."

The cashier nodded, grabbing the pack and placing the cigarettes on the counter. Kyori pocketed the cancer sticks as he brought his wallet out to pay.

Oddly enough, his total came out to be 2,547 Lien. Not to bad of a bad price. Usually his total would be just under 3,000 Lien. Taking his receipt, he exited the store and strolled towards his car. After storing the groceries away, he put the cart in a nearby cart corral before he drove towards his home.

After using the elevator to reach the eighth floor, Kyori set a bag down to open the door to his humble abode. Once inside, he removed his shoes and quickly went about putting the new groceries away. As he did so, he let his mind wander. From Blake's earlier intrusion, to his trip to the cafe...and finally, to Ozpin's offer.

He sighed in disappointment. He had no desire to attend a combat school. The most ironic part, is that he was apparently exempt from the combat classes. Truth be told, he had no reason to justify Ozpin's pestering. He had no combat background, no training, and no notable actions. So why would did the headmaster try to sway Kyori into accepting these past four years?

Perhaps it was the countless assassins he had driven off. Tukson was rather proud to have Kyori around to defend him whenever the opportunity arouse, and he wasted no breathe an praising Kyori to his "associates". By his best guess, Kyori thought perhaps that is why Ozpin was interested in him. Shaking the thoughts from his head, he took a seat on his couch. In honesty, Kyori couldn't bear to think of the ridiculous situation he had found himself in. He needed...a distraction.