Chapter 17

It’s been few days passed our mid-term test. We still talked about it in every
occasion we got. It gave us this indescribable excitement whenever we thought about it. Suddenly I got a text notification and it was from Mr. Ray.
Come to super 7 class, ASAP
I changed into something casual and went there. But nobody was there. Even the lights were still off. Suddenly the class lit up with a loud yell.
“HAPPPY BIRTHDAY KAI!”
I was so shocked and touched at the same time. But what surprised me the most was I didn’t even remember that it was my birthday.
“Oh my God! How did you guys know?”
Mr. Ray rolled his eyes while giving me the cake he was carrying.
“Well there’s something called student registration book”
“Oh” I laughed.
“Come on, cut the cake”
They all sang happy birthday song for me. It was such a wonderful memory that I
wanted to cherish forever. We enjoyed the whole day together.
Kao got a call and he went outside to answer it. After answering he came back and
told me that he has to leave.
“Why Kao? Any problem?” I asked.
“No it’s just my sister, Min. She’s lost her class fees. She’s asking for money. I got
to go and give her money”
“Where is she?”
“At the school gate”
“Let’s go. We’ll come with you” I and Win also joined Kao.
“What took you so long?” Min asked as soon as she saw Kao.
“Stop being a drama queen. I’m here now. Here, take your money”
“Who are these guys?” she asked, pointing at us.
“These are my friends, Kai and Win” Kao said and his sister started laughing
loudly.
“Win? Is that really your name? So how your parents talk to you? Win did you
WIN the first place?” she was still laughing and Win’s face turned red in anger.
“Oh shut up. You already got the money. Now get out” Kao quickly shooed her
away before Win starts attacking her.
“Did you guys hear that? She’s so disrespectful Kao” Win looked furious. Kao looked at me with an uneasy smile, asking for help.
I put my arm over Win’s shoulder and said, “Come on, Mr. Manchester, she’s just a small kid. Don’t mind her”
He eventually dropped the topic, though there was still a frown over his usual
carefree face. Then he suddenly asked me, “Hey Kai, do you have siblings?”
“Yeah a sister. A really stupid one in that” I dramatically sighed.
“Just like my brother”
“Who? You meant Mr. Ray?”
“Who else?”
We reached super 7 class. But there was only Andrew and he was lying on the
floor. We ran to him.
“Andrew? What happened?” we helped him to get up and that’s when we saw his nose was bleeding.
“Did you use your potential?”
“No I didn’t. Why would I? Maybe because of the cold weather?” he said.
“Then how did you faint?”
“I don’t know I was tired. Don’t worry guys. I’m okay now.”
“Where are the others?” I asked, looking around.
“They went to their dorms”
“Oh! Then you should go to yours and take a nap. Let’s go. We’ll take you there”
“No need. I can manage. Thank you though” with that Andrew left.
“He’s acting weird, isn’t he?” Win asked while we were going to dorms.
“Yeah, I felt that too”

Next day, at the super 7 class Mr. Ray had a very exciting news for us.
“Next week the vacation starts. But as super 7 students work harder than others, we thought of giving you guys a special gift” his whole face has lit up like he’s going to announce the best thing ever.

“Don’t tell me, you’ve another set of books for us” Win said. We all groaned and Mr. Ray laughed.
“No no, this isn’t like that. What I want to tell you guys is that next week we going
camping!!!” He yelled, voice full of excitement.
Our faces lit up and everyone screamed out of happiness.
“Are you serious?”
“Oh my God! I’ve never gone camping before. I’m so excited.”
“For how many days are we going to stay?”
Mr. Ray raised his palm mentioning us to stop screaming.
“I’m not done with the announcement yet”
We all went silent.
“Well you see, another school is going to join. We chose you 7 as the
representations of our school. And there will be another 7 students from the other
school. Just like you guys.”
“What?”
“Why do we have to go with another school?”
“What do you mean by like us? Do they have potentials?”
“Actually no. But they’re the brightest students from that school as in academics.
So you all have to be careful. They can’t know that you have potentials”
“So where will we go for camping?” Tay asked. “To the whispering forest”
“Wow even the name is creepy”
“Well that’s it for today kids. Get ready for camping. You have time until next
week”

*Thank you for reading, Please vote,comment and share....have a wonderful day/night... *