Chapter 2

I awoke to someone saying "Wakey wakey Ben." I rubbed my eyes and saw Erica Hale standing over me arms crossed. I attempted to rub the sleep out of my eyes and proceeded to stand up and get my bag from the trunk of the car. ( Do you call the space at the back a trunk? ) 

I then shook Mike awake and we walked into the airport. We walked through the special CIA  security check then walked to the special CIA terminal without a hitch then boarded the flight without issue. As I leaned back against the comfy leather of the seat I was starting to think that mission might not be as hard as I thought it would be. Even Erica seemed to let her guard down a little. 

I woke up at 1300 hours and glanced around. Mike was still snoring loudly in his seat while Erica and Trixie's seats were empty. I decided to take a look around the jet as I had fallen asleep immediately after entering the jet. 

This Time Skip is sponsored by the FBI! Join us now! We have a better dental plan than the CIA! 

"HURrRGHH! What was that for Erica?!" I sputtered. "Wake up sleepyhead we arrived at Narita International airport in Tokyo. " "Oh." I stared down at my feet embarrassed and feeling like Alexander. 

Erica probably knew what I was thinking but promptly ignored it. "Get your bags we're heading out. Also, go wake Mike I will wake Trixie." she said nonchalantly and walked to Trixie's seat. I awoke Mike and he and Trixie groggily walked out of the private jet tried but nonetheless ready for combat. 

Somehow, we made it out of the Narita airport without incident which I think is amazing considering how big Narita airport is. We boarded a van that the PSIA rented for us and we went off to the PSIA headquarters to get registered into the PSIA records. It was an uneventful ride unless you count me getting someone blackmail on Trixie and Mike and surprise... Erica! Mike and Trixie fell asleep on each other's shoulders causing Erica to start fuming and not even realize that I had a photo of the incident. 

Erica stopped the car and we piled off the car at the entrance. We got our bags and walked towards the building when Erica stopped us. "Can you smell that?" she asked. We sniffed the air but all I could smell was Erica's intoxicating smell of lilacs and gunpowder. Apparently, I was blushing and Erica started to shake her head in disgust but I think I saw a little bit of a blush as well. "Well, I smell a drug called Morteminferuntamare.  It was stolen from a CIA lab a couple of months ago by Croatan. We better go investigate." 

WARNING. THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH IS A BIT GRAPHIC SO SKIP IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE GRAPHIC THINGS.

Erica dashed into the building before any of us could say anything and we begrudgingly followed. I walked in and was shocked by the site of PSIA officers spawled all over the floor, the floor itself looking like all the blood had stained the tiles blood-red. Even worse was the fact that some of the PSIA workers looked to have been dismembered. There were several legs and arms spread around the lobby as well as a head with glossy eyes and a look of surprise on his face. And there was the smell. I could smell the metallic taste of blood somehow. It was disgusting. I was barely keeping myself composed while Mike and Trixie looked as if they were about to puke. 

"ERICA!" we shouted in unison as we wandered the hallways hand on our nose and mouth. Suddenly we heard yelp of surprise and then a blood-curdling scream. We looked at each other confused but quickly took off in the direction of the sound. 

Suddenly 5 people in ballistic armor dropped down from the ceiling rendering Trixie and Mike unconscious. Then one of my attackers grabbed my arms and stepped on my legs forcing me to the floor before flipping me over. I struggled and tried to fight them off but couldn't and slowly fell due to the chloroform-soaked rag they had shoved in my mouth. 

I took one last intake of air before I passed out. The air smelled of lilacs and gunpowder.

Don't you love cliffhangers?