Chapter 5:Remeberance

I woke up to see a hallucination looking over me, eyes red and puffy from tears. Her face was red, and her hair dishevelled. It looked as if she hadn't taken a shower in days. I opened my eyes wide and stared straight into her eyes. First, her eyes were glowing with happiness and joy, but soon it dissipated into sadness and confusion with anger as well. 

"Benjamin Ripley." Her voice trembled. "What were you thinking. Trying to commit suicide." Her voice, a jumble of emotions, a spectrum of sadness and anger and everything in between. "God, I'm going insane. Am I in heaven?" I muttered under my breath. But that sent the hallucination into a rage. 

"BENJAMIN RIPLEY. SO YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU ATTEMPTED SUICIDE. WHY? WHAT ABOUT YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY. YOU SELFISH IGNORANT LITTLE EXUSCE OF A BENJAMIN RIPLEY. YOU...YOU..."   The hallucination jabbed its finger at me.   "YOU BROKE MY HEART. HOW COULD YOU? I THOUGHT YOU CARED ABOUT ME! AT THE VERY LEAST, I THOUGHT I MEANT SOMETHING TO YOU. BUT I OBVIOUSLY MEAN NOTHING TO YOU." 

She sat down defeated. Tears streamed down her face her heart beating as loud as a drum. I approached the hallucination with my own anger now. 

"JUST BECAUSE YOU LOOK LIKE ERICA HALE DOESN'T MEAN YOU ARE. I KNOW YOU AREN'T THE REAL ERICA HALE WOULD HAVE SHOWN HER FACE AT LEAST ONCE AT THE COUNTLESS TIMES I VISITED HER GRAVE. OR AT ONE OF THE 11 TIMES I VISITED THE PLACE WERE I LAST HEARD HER. SO STOP PRETENDING LIKE YOU ARE ERICA HALE. SHE MEANS 10 TIMES MORE TO ME THAN YOU COULD EVER COMPREHEND." 

"I am Erica Hale Ben. I can prove it. I kissed you in Vail during our mission to defuse the Soviet bomb. And I claimed that the kiss was to calm you. But it wasn't. It's because I really do love you". I stared straight into Erica's ice-blue eyes. I could feel the emotions swirling around inside my body. 

Then, for the second time in my life, Erica kissed me. But unlike the first time, I knew it meant something. And I kissed her back. "Thank you Erica for giving me hope again." Erica laughed and nodded slightly to indicate that she understood. 

"Erica?" 

"Yes, Ben?"

"Where have you been for the past 11 years. And what have you been doing?"

 Just a note: Everything before this is in Ben's POV. ERICA POV: 

Crud. I can't tell Ben what happened in Japan. How I signed the contract with Croatoan and SPYDER. I can't tell him. I can't tell him so he is safe from Croatan and SPYDER. I thought to myself. 

"I," Suddenly I heard footsteps coming from down the hallway. It must be Zoe and Joshua. Probably here to see if I have dealt with Ben yet.

 "Erica? Hellooo? You kind of zoned out there. Are you ok?" Ben asked.

"Yes, Ben I am fine. Just got confirmation from above that Operation Croat has been given the green light. I'm sorry Ben. I really am."

Ben POV:

Suddenly, Erica dashed towards me with a Swiss Army Knife in her hands. I tried to pull my knife out to fight back but she moved too fast for me to get a strike on her. She struck me in my chest and I fell to the ground.

I started feeling woozy. Chloroform I thought to myself. Then the darkness engulfed me.

I hope this cleans up the chapter a bit more.  There are still so major plot holes but it is intentional.