Chapter 7: Trixie... 11 Years Later

Mike POV day of Ben's suicide attempt:

"Love you Trixie."

"Love you to Mike."

My life is great. I married Trixie, Erica's sister, and she is also pregnant! Let me start from the beginning. After Erica died Trixie was in a state. She would barely eat or sleep, and she kept having nightmares of Erica blaming her for her death. 

I was sort of her therapist, we would have a chat every time she had one of does nightmares, and I would sit by her side at night making sure she was okay. We also went on many missions, then one day, on my 22nd birthday, Trixie just asked me out of the blue,

 "Would you be my husband? You have helped me through my darkest hours, and you have made it possible for me to cope."

My eyes were filled with tears;

"Trixie you caught my eye ever since we first meet. I would love to be your husband."

Trixie slipped on a ice blue ring in memory of Erica and gave me a dirty black ring that reminded me of my hair. 

10 days later we made our vows.

"I, Trixie Hale, take you, Mike Brezenski to be my lawful husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to the holy law, in the presence of friend and family, I make this vow." 

"And I, Mike Brezenski, take you, Trixie Hale to be my lawful wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to the holy law, in the presence of friend and family, I make this vow."

"The groom and the bride may now kiss." The priest announced.

It was a short kiss yet it was filled with emotion. Trixie's eyes sparkled with joy. 

*End of flashback*

"Mike? Mike?" Trixie called out to me, waving her hand in front of my face. 

"Huh? Oh-h-I-uh zoned out," I stuttered.

Trixie laughed so hard that she had to steady herself on the countertop.

Trixie's so beautiful when she laughs. I thought to myself.

"Trixie, I'm going off to go get some groceries, see you in a bit." 

————Time Skip ————

"Trixie, I'm home!" I announced. 

Trixie rushed to unlock the door and help me unload the groceries.

"You know, your gonna need to be a lot faster when you give birth to the baby." I joked, smiling.

Trixie smiled back, "Ya ya whatever." 

I started prepping the food when Trixie looked at me with horror in her eyes, her face as pale as a sheet. 

"Um... Mike you might want to see this," Trixie said, gesturing towards the TV.

"Today, at 10pm, a man in Eastern Washington DC was seen attempting suicide. The man was reported to be named Benjamin Ripley. He was living in a apartment on the 6th floor of the Hudson Residence. Please report to the police if you have any details. Police have yet to release a official statement. They have also not found the body yet. This is Channel 4 News, signing off."

Trixie caught me as I collapsed to the ground in shock. 

"No, no nonononono, NOOOOOOOO!"

I tried to stifle my tears but they just kept flowing out of my eyes like a waterfall. 

"Ben's dead. And it's all my fault. If I had visited him more often, I would of noticed! It's all my fault. All my fault." I sobbed.

"Mike, breath, Mike breath, calm down. Try to get some sleep."

Before I knew it, I was asleep.