Chapter 18

Lia

I drag myself to my seat in math. I'm wearing a hoodie in attempt to cover the hickey on my neck that is also covered by my very poor makeup skills.

"Mornin." I say to Lilly sitting down in my seat and my head gently slams onto the desk.

"Good Morning." She chirps.

"Someone get laid last night?" Toby asks from behind us. His tone matching mine.

Lilly smiles but then tries to wipe it off her face.

"No." She says but then her face breaks into a smile again.

"Liar." I poke her arm.

"Don't worry. We'll hear all about it from Mike soon." Toby waves his hand in the air.

I pick my head up and my eyes stop on Jake.

For a few seconds we both give each other a bored look. But the corner of his lip goes up into a half smile. I find myself returning it but then I turn to the front of the class once the teacher walks in.

I feel an ounce of weight lift off my shoulder.

That kind of felt better than imagining depriving him of air by choking him.

_____

"Colton, what's that?" Molly asks pointing at Colton's very visible hickey on his neck.

My face rests on my hands but I'm turned away from Molly and Mike next to me.

"Have you never seen a hickey Molly?" Colton says.

"I know what it is but like, on a school night?" Molly sounds disgusted.

"Colton bangs wherever and whenever he wants." Mike defends him.

"I don't remember the chicks name. But let me tell you Mike. Oh my was she smokin'." I feel Colton tap my butt with his foot.

"Did you bang?" Mike asks.

"No. She fell of the bed."

"What does that have anything to do with it?" Mike asks.

"I just wasn't in the mood. So I made up some excuse and ditched."

He's mocking me. Falling off the bed, wasn't in the mood. Pftt, how unoriginal.

"Sounds lame." Mike turns in his seat.

"So Mike." I say, "I heard something magical happened yesterday." Stupid.

"Magical." Colton scoffs.

If I could hit him, I would.

"Yes Colton. Indeed it was magical."

Haha.

"Woah, woah. When was Lilly gonna tell us?" Molly asks.

"I don't know. But she did lie, well tried to." I say.

"Bad lying must run in the friend group." Colton says.

I turn in my seat and drive my fist into his fingers resting on his desk.

"Hey! Ouch!" He says flinching and pulling his hand to his chest and massaging his fingers.

"Oh sorry. Did I hurt you?" I ask batting my eyelashes.

"Yes." Colton sticks his bottom lip out.

"Sorry." I say sarcastically.

Colton's lips turn up into a smile.