"Last time we had dinner like this at your place, I was a complete dick." Colton reminds me.

"Yes you were." I sigh sitting at my vanity.

"Hey Mer." Colton says as I grab for my makeup wipes.

"Yes."

"I dare you to do it in public with me." I can see him smirking in the mirror.

"I hate you for that." I glare.

"Tonight. We can drive around town all night. Ditch school tomorrow."

That gets my attention. I throw my wipes to the side and turn to look at him.

"What the hell are we waiting for?" I say.

I just have to talk to my dad and pray he'll let me live. I get up from my vanity and walk downstairs. I get halfway down the stairs and through the railing I can see my dad and Izzy standing alone. They're having a moment.

I stand and watch not wanting to bother them. My heart filling with warmth. Maybe I'll finally have a loving mom.

——-

The cold wind whips through my clothes and hair. My eyes are shut and I can see the silhouette of the streetlights flashing through them. My arms spread far apart.

A lively feeling rushed through my whole body. I burst out in excited laughter that's muffled by the wind.

I slip back into the car through the sun roof and sit in my seat.

"That felt amazing." I say with the biggest smile on my face.

Colton glances at me and reaches for my hand which I let him take. He interlocks our fingers and rests our hands on my leg.

"I'm surprised your dad even let you do this." I raise my eyebrows and nod my head agreeing.

I bring our hands up to my face and gently place kisses on his hand.

"Gosh Mer." He whispers a barely audible whisper. I can see a small smile on his lips.

Colton turns off of the road and into an empty and barely illuminated parking lot that connects to the mall. He parks as far away as he possibly can.

"Now get your ass in the back and let's get this car rocking." He turns to me and a mischievous smile settles on his face.

We both climb in the back and so begins our night.

_____

"Always making me do all the work." Colton says wiping sweat off his forehead.

We both settle back into our seats in the front of the car, the windows are now fogged.

"Not really sorry." I shrug.

Colton shifts his whole body to face me. His eyes still dark from lust.

"Really?" He tilts his head and smirks, "how about we climb back there again and you-"

"Next adventure!" I shout out.

"What's the rush?" He asks. "We have all night and all day tomorrow."

"I'm in pain." I whimper.

"Aww. I'm sorry." He leans over and gently kisses me.

"You should be." I start. "Cause you're the main source of all my pains! My headaches and everything."

His face drops at my remark.

"Oh really?" He scowls. "You want me to take the pain away some more?" He smirks.

"Yes, but no. Im sore."

He reaches for my leg and gently massages up and down which actually relieves some of the soreness.

"Okay baby." He says softly. "I love you."

"I love you too."

_____
•Epiloge•

5 years later...

The horn blares through the arena. "And Davis scores!" The announcer yells, "That concludes the game ladies and gentlemen. But we do have a special surprise." I watch them replay Colton scoring the game winning goal and a big smile spreads across my face.

I perk up in my seat once I see posse's from the hockey team walking towards me.

"Come with us Ms. Johnson." The Man says. I become nervous, mostly because there's two men in suits telling me to follow them. I look at Toby sitting next to me then back at the men in suits.

"Go ahead. I have to go to the bathroom but I promise you won't be kidnapped." Toby slowly rises and his face morphs as he leans on his walking stick. "I'll also be fine."

I just nod and get up and follow the two men. The big Jumbotron starts silly pictures and videos of Colton and I with some stupid but upbeat song going along with it. I'm a bit confused but I really like the video. After we've walked down the few steps past people looking at me and recognizing me we finally reach the entrance into the ice that was lined with carpet to easily walk on.

Colton stands at the end with a big smile and microphone in his hand. I start to put things together and my stomach starts to twist and my legs feel weak.

The two suited up men step out of my way and motion for me to step onto the ice. I cautiously do so and feel like I'm walking in clouds the rest of the way.

Colton, sporting a Tampa Bay jersey and sweat all over. The music cuts off and then Colton's voice fills the arena.

"Merlia Kit Johnson." He begins, his eyes bore into mine,"my Highschool sweetheart." I can hear the crowd sigh. "I know sappy stuff isn't your thing so I'm going to try to make your agony brief." He uses air quotes around agony and finishes his sentence with a smirk. "We've basically known each other since little kids and have never really became more than people we knew through rumors. Early during our junior year of Highschool we finally got to really know each other and even met our life long friends. We called ourselves the Dream Team. The very first sentence you uttered to me had me hooked. I loved and still love your feisty personality. Basically we fell in love with each other that year and from then on never left each other's side even through our biggest fights."

Colton pulls the ring box out and slides down on one knee.

"Mer. We both know we want to be each other for the rest of our lives. And it all started with an 'I dare you' So I decided to say fuck it," laughter from the crowd, "and say this one thing." He takes a deep breath and exhales. "I dare you to marry me." The crowd erupts in a positive cheer.

Tears are spilling from my eyes and my hands shake. I give and inaudible yes before embracing him and connecting our lips. Colton fumbles with my fingers and blindly puts on the engagement ring.

I can't believe it.

Omg.

Colton just asked me to marry him.

Omg.

We pull away from the kiss and I wipe away my fiancé's tears with my thumbs.

"I love you Mer." He sobs.

"I love you too Colton."

__________
•End of story•