Chapter 18 - Truth or Dare

Over the next few weeks, me and Fred would spend most evenings together, whether it was to sneak off to the pub or spend time in their common room. We still hadn't braved him coming to the Slytherin common room yet, but I thought it was for the best. Everyone knew The Weasley twins, he'd stick out like a sore thumb and Slytherins were much less forgiving about trespassers.

Not to mention I had been avoiding Draco as best I could since my date with Fred. Things had been going so well and I didn't want anything getting in the way. Though me and Fred were becoming more affectionate by the day, we kept it behind closed doors, mostly out of respect for his siblings but I was secretly happy it meant Draco wouldn't have cause to take his aggression out.

It was a bright Tuesday morning and I'd had my breakfast sat with Fred, like most days recently. I found myself more cheery and positive about the rest of the day ahead afterwards. Daphne would even come to join us occasionally when Blaise skipped a meal.

"We'll walk you to Potions, we're going that way" George suggested and we all got up to make our way to our classes.

Me and Fred walked side by side, chatting away about what lessons we had and what we might do later, while Daphne and George walked behind. I turned back to look at them and thought to myself how sweet they would be together.

We all paused outside Potions and Daphne went ahead into the class. Me and Fred stood in front of each other awkwardly, despite getting so close we still didn't know how to act around each other when in public.

"Fuck it" he whispered, cupping my face and crashing his lips against mine all of a sudden. It was a short kiss but his force made my knees go weak.

"Ugh get a room you two" George called sarcastically, "come on I want to get to Transfiguration"

My face went bright red as they darted off together in the direction of their next lesson. I was caught in my own thoughts for a moment before a hand grabbed at my small wrist.

"What the hell was that?" Draco snarled, holding me painfully.

"Piss off Draco" I responded, wriggling my arm free from him. I shot into the classroom as soon as I was out of his grasp, that was brave for me and I feared how he might react. I thought surely he wouldn't cause a scene during a lesson.

Draco perched on his stool next to me, he was practically shaking with anger and he clutched at his quill as if he were going to break it in two.

"You better watch where you and your filthy traitor do those kinds of things" Draco whispered in my ear, sending a chill down my spine.

"I can do whatever I like" I whispered back through gritted teeth. My tolerance for his childish games had wavered and I was going to make sure he knew it.

"Not with him" Draco hissed back.

We didn't speak the rest of the lesson but I could tell he was silently seething. He would huff every so often or purposely get in my way if I needed to collect equipment.

"Oh grow up" I muttered, as the class came to an end.

It was finally lunchtime and I decided to spend it reading on my favourite bench in the courtyard. I was completely lost in the pages when a loud group of Slytherins walking through interrupted my concentration. I looked up to see Draco and his annoying friends making a racket. They were loudly joking about something or other and it shifted the whole mood of the peaceful courtyard.