Chapter 15 - Detention

The next few days slipped by with ease. Fred and I had been closer than ever now we no longer cared what people thought about us spending time together.

He had waited outside of the Slytherin Common Room every morning so we could sit and have breakfast together. It made me excited to wake up and I felt the colour returning to my cheeks more so everyday.

Whatever had happened with Draco had been exciting but after the day in the bathroom it had dawned on me how twisted it all was. It would never be how it was with Fred. Draco would never hold a chair out for me or even really listen to me when we spoke to each other, so what was the point in enduring all of the mental torture.

This morning, I sat at the Gryffindor table for breakfast as I had been doing the last few days. The Great Hall felt especially buzzy this morning as it was a Friday. Plans were being made for the weekend, the weather was considerably less gloomy than usual and overall everyone always seemed to be in a better mood on a Friday at Hogwarts.

I glanced behind me at the Slytherin table to see Daphne and Blaise cuddled together again, speaking quietly to one another so nobody could hear. My eyes unintentionally searched for Draco but he wasn't there. I hadn't seen him at many meals this week, it was only the occasional dinner where he would sit with his head in his palm and stare into space.

"They look cosy" George nudged me, pointing over to Daphne and Blaise.
"Yes I think she's enjoying herself," I said with a shrug, "sorry mate"
"That's okay, that's okay, things are going quite well with Angelina actually" he whispered and nodded down the table in her direction.

I had forgotten how much I loved spending time with the Weasleys. Being with them nearly everyday over summer was bliss but when term time came back around our schedules made it impossible. Enjoying it for as long as I could, I excitedly chatted with them all until it was time for class, when a pit in my stomach formed as I remembered what I had first.

"Are you ready for Potions?" Daphne said softly, appearing behind me and playing with loose strands of my hair.
"I suppose" I groaned, getting to my feet.

"Have fun girls" the twins said in unison and I bent down to wrap my arms around Fred before we had to leave each other for the day.

"What a lovely view, Reading!" Adrian Pucey shouted from the Slytherin table and I immediately stood up straight. I moved my hand round to feel my skirt, I'd chosen a particularly short one today and had completely forgotten I was wearing deep, green lace underwear too. While bending over to say goodbye to Fred I must have completely flashed them.

"Shut it Pucey" Fred called back, not even turning back to look at him. Pucey grumbled something to himself and went back to his shovelling his breakfast into his mouth.

"In his defence it probably was a rather lovely view" George remarked, jokingly pretending to peer round at my skirt. Fred lifted the newspaper on the table and smacked his brother over the head with it.

"Oi, enough of that" Fred laughed. Me and Daphne giggled at the sight of their fake fight and waved our goodbyes before heading off to Potions.

The corridors felt especially alive today, the sun was shining and everyone seemed as if they had decided the weekend had already begun from the good moods I could see around me. But then I saw my dark cloud that would ruin it all.

Draco and Blaise were standing at the end of the corridor, practically blocking our way but of course Daphne was thrilled with this.

"Come on boys we don't want to be late" she crooned, tapping Blaise on the shoulder.
"Let's go then" he laughed and they started off down the corridor, immediately wrapped up in conversation as if it had picked back up from their last point.