Chapter 31 - The Aftermath

The days that followed were drenched in misery and uncertainty. After the match, Draco had been swiftly fixed up in the infirmary and was able to leave later the same day. I dreaded to think how he was feeling, but if I knew Draco, it was going to be anger.

Following George's warning, I had made sure not to have any interaction with Draco since his return but rumours around the common room were that the Inquistorial Squad were already back in action, more determined than ever.

It pained me, but I had also stayed away from Fred and George. I'd never seen them so furious and I was still unsure what Draco had even said to ignite such a reaction from the twins. There had been whispers, but every time somebody claimed to know, it was a different story.

Though my curiously got the best of me; I finally had to spend some time with Ginny to find out how they were doing. She was somewhat cold with me at first, but I understood why when she told me that Umbridge had taken the twins off the Quidditch team for their behaviour. Ginny was probably more upset about losing two of their best players than anything else.

Exhausted from it all, I spent every evening after classes in my dorm, trying to avoid bringing any further attention to myself following the events of the match. Once again, I was in awe at this school's infatuation with gossip. I'd heard ghastly rumours about what the boys might have argued about. Aside from one rather humorous tale that is was a lover's spat between Draco and George. It had certainly lightened my morning, when I heard a group of second year Hufflepuffs discussing it over breakfast.

Like most nights, I was sat up in bed working through practice exams, when Daphne burst into the room, completely out of breath.

"Celeste! They've caught them" she wheezed, clutching at her chest.

"What are you talking about?" I asked, rushing to her side to sit her down on the bed.

"Sorry I ran here as fast as I could, the Inquistorial Squad just came into the common room, gloating about it, they've got them!" Daphne explained, still breathless. I couldn't make sense of anything she was saying, but her panic left me feeling uneasy.

"They've got who?"

"All of them, they said a group of students from all the other houses have been caught setting up some kind of army" she explained, "Fred was there, I thought you would have known?"

My head span and I planted my feet firmly on the ground to keep my balance. What was she talking about? Fred hadn't told me anything about this.

"Where- where were they?" I asked, my voice shaking uncontrollably.

"They found them in the Room of Requirements, I've never heard of it but apparently it's on the seventh floor" Daphne explained.

Thinking it through, I slowly began to piece it together. The twins had been acting strange when I saw them that night on the seventh floor, I should have trusted my instincts. Fred's sudden interest in extracurricular activists began to make sense too.

I sat silently, staring through Daphne as thoughts swirled in my head. Why hadn't he told me? I wasn't quite sure why I was so angry but that's all I could feel coursing through my veins.

"Where are they now?" I asked, the tension building within me.

"What? I don't know they said they'll be getting a detention or something"

"Yes but where?" I snapped. Almost instantaneously, I regretted being short with Daphne but I wasn't thinking straight.

"I don't know! Go ask them yourself" Daphne huffed, getting up and going to the bathroom.