Chapter 30 - Slytherin vs Gryffindor

Spring had begun to reveal itself through the Hogwarts grounds. Rabbits ran wild in the depths near Hagrid's Hut and flowers bloomed amongst the courtyard. It had just started getting warm enough to sit outside and read which I couldn't have been more thankful for.

On this particular day, I decided to revise in the library, it felt like my second home with the O.W.L.s swiftly approaching and the increasingly restrictive rules meant it was one of the only safe places left in the castle.

I sat with my books sprawled out along the work bench adjoined to a large bookshelf that stretched as tall as the ceiling. I felt comfortable in my secluded bubble of studying. I'd had very few moments on my own recently, so enthralled with spending time with Fred. I could barely keep myself away from him and I knew it would be effecting my studies sooner or later.

"What are you reading?" a smug voice asked from behind me. I had been leant so far in front of my textbooks and parchment that I was paying no mind to anything else around me, I hadn't even seen him approach. My shoulders arched with tension as I could recognise his voice and that scent from a mile away.

"Something for Potions" I replied flatly, "shouldn't you be studying?"

I lifted my gaze from the book to look at Draco's face, twisted into a devious smirk as usual. He looked down his nose at me, as if I was an ant beneath him and I decided I didn't have time for his nonsense, returning to put quill to parchment.

"Extension" Draco explained, grinning wickedly, "I've got quidditch tomorrow, you see"

"Good for you" I said, coldly.

"Will you be coming to watch me?" he asked, ducking down to whisper in my ear. His words breezed through my hair and sent shudders down my spine.

"Yes" I replied, before correcting myself, "no- not like that, Fred will be playing too"

"Ah yes, what team with you be cheering for tomorrow Celeste?" he asked, straightening himself up to stand tall again.

"For Slytherin of course, but not for your benefit"

"Good girl" he crooned softly, earning a violent roll of my eyes.

"Don't flatter yourself" I muttered, burying my head further into my book.

"You can pretend to despise me all you want Celeste, but I know how you really feel about me" Draco whispered, dangling something over the pages of my open book. My eyes narrowed on it for a moment as I tried to work out what it was. It looked familiar but it was rather scrunched up, then my brain registered the dark green lace.

"Draco!" I shrieked, getting to my feet. I tried to clutch at my underwear but he held it high over my head.

He waved it around teasingly, holding it just out of my reach every time I went to grab for it. I was too caught up in my desperation to get them back that I didn't think to check if there was anybody nearby watching what was happening.

"Celeste?" a voice called, from the end of the row. Fred stood bemused, with Marcus Flint smirking at his side, as he pointed to Draco with my underwear looped around his finger.

"You prick! You did this on purpose" I cried. I managed to jump and grab ahold of my underwear before storming off past Fred and Flint to leave. Flint and Draco's sinister laughs rung in my ears.

My vision blurred as I ran from the library and back in the direction of my dormitory. I stuffed the thong in the deep pocket of my robes, feeling silly walking along with it in my hand. I hadn't had any time to collect up my things and realised I would have to go back at some point to get them.