The hope

Y/N's pov.

Punch

Punch

Punch

That's all that echoed through the empty training room in the castle. It was probably 2 AM but that didn't stop me from training. I was alone in the room and all I could hear is 'You don't have enough time.' or 'You're too weak for this job.'

I was punching a punching bag and with every punch I delivered, the voices became louder and my punching got stronger. But the longer I did that the more damaged the bag became. In the end one single thought made me punch the bag so hard, it flew to the wall and teared.

'Your mother would be dissapointed.'

I then heard very familiar steps coming closer to me. I felt how the person stood behind me, not too close but not too far away either.

Jimin:"You're up again?"

Y/N:"I could say the same for you, your majesty."

Jimin:"If you wouldn't be awake, I wouldn't be either."

I chuckled and started to take a fighting tape off of my hands.

Y/N:" Are you blackmailing me?"

The prince went infront of me. He looked at my hands and then at the punch bag on the other side of the room.

Jimin:"You became stronger."

I shrugged.

Y/N:"Practice, I guess."

He went to the bag and threw it over his shoulder.

Jimin:"But you practice too much."

Y/N:"If I'm not going to practice, I'm never going to defeat whoever wants to attack us."

He put the bag in the corner where the rest of the destroyed bags were waiting to be taken away.

Jimin:"But you're not going to defeat it either if you're going to be exhausted. Did you forget you need to be rested well if you actually want to use your powers?"

I groaned.

Y/N:"Not you too, Jimin. Everyone has been saying that to me. I'm sick and tired of this same sentence! 'You shoul rest more.' or 'You shouldn't practice so much'. I'll do whatever I want! Why are you all pressuring me so much?!"

Jimin:"Because we're worried! Worried that something bad will happen to you!"

Y/N:"Well, I don't need you to worry! I survived very well without it in the past."

Jimin:"You know what? I have had enough of you doing this. I was just trying to be nice. I didn't want to tell you this because I knew you would be upset. But now it seems like you're asking for it, so I'm just going to tell you. Every time something bad happens to you, you bring up your past. How horrible they treated you. How much pain you went through because of your mother's death. If you went through so much you would be able to survive this too! If you went through so much, you should be able to be strong enough to handle this without your lame excuse about the past!"

I looked at him with horror. Are you serious right now?! But he just stared back at me without having any intention to apologise.

Jimin:"What? Are you going to make me apologise because I've hurted your feelings about your past? Because I shouldn't be doing this to a poor human like you, who went throuh SO much?"