CHAPTER 27 : PROMOTION

|Nandini’s POV|

I was overwhelmed by Manik’s surprise. It was definitely not anything I had guessed. I couldn’t even think in my wildest dreams that he would propose to me. I was just dumbfounded when he said those words. Coming from him, those words were like drops of rain on a burning hot desert. He was never good with words but this time, he had really done well. His efforts were visible and I was glad that he had taken the effort because that made those words more special. This was the time I had seen this romantic side of him and I loved it. It was like going back to those old college days. After a very long time, I felt important, that someone other than my family cared about me and that I was someone’s priority. I had taken the biggest decision of my life by accepting his proposal and not a single part of me regretted that decision. It was as if I had already decided. My life had taken a turn and it felt like my life was back on track after being derailed for quite a lot of time. No words could describe how I was feeling right now. Butterflies were fluttering in my stomach and I felt like dancing, irrespective of where I was. I was constantly smiling to myself. I was certain that I was looking like I was crazy but I didn’t mind. I thanked God for making me and Manik meet together again at a point where we didn’t even want to see each other’s faces. Getting this job was the first step towards this happiness and then after a series of unprecedented events, we were finally together. I was wondering how Manik would be feeling at the time. Would he be thinking about the same thing?

This was definitely a perfect start to our relationship and I prayed that everything goes well in the time to come.

* * *

|Manik’s POV|

I felt relieved after letting out my feelings about Nandini to herself. I was never good at words but still, I took an effort and I suppose it went well.

I was at my office. I was a couple of hours early to the office. I hadn’t slept the whole night. My mind was conquered by Nandini’s thoughts. While coming to the office, I hadn’t even looked at the time and that’s why I was early. I was lost in my own fantasy and all these feelings were new to me even though I had loved Nandini throughout the last few years.

I sat in my cabin, daydreaming until I heard a knock on my door. I saw the clock and realised it had been two hours since I sat in my cabin. I couldn’t believe that time flew so fast. I opened the door to be greeted by Inaya. I gazed at her standing in front of me. She was wearing a black top within a black blazer along with a black mini skirt that bared her thighs as usual. She looked hot. I quickly looked away, feeling guilty. Gazing at her felt like I was cheating on Nandini which was the last thing I wanted to do.

‘Sir, you’re early today?’ She asked, smiling.

‘Ah...yeah...I had some work to do, that’s it.’ I replied.

‘Oh, okay. Sir, I wanted to inform you that someone from Ahuja Corp had called and they’re willing to do a deal with our company. They didn’t say anything about the deal. They wanted to have a meeting with you to explain it.’

‘Alright, Miss Inaya. I would like you to head the meeting. I’ll be there but I want you to take the initiative today of  providing details of our company and all to them. I’m sure you’ll do a good job.’ I said.

‘Sure thing sir. I’ll not disappoint you. And also, thank you for giving me the opportunity sir.’

‘You deserve it, Inaya. You really do.’ I said with a smile and she smiled back.

I saw Nandini entering the office from a  distance. She waved at me with a smile and I waved back. Inaya noticed Nandini’s arrival and her expression changed. She clearly seemed to envy her and the reason was also justifiable.

‘I’ll take a leave sir.’ Inaya said and I nodded.

Nandini walked towards me with a big yet beautiful smile on her face. I smiled back.

‘You early?’ She asked.

‘Yeah, I actually lost track of time and came quite early.’ I replied.

She laughed.

‘I actually have news for you.’ I said.

‘Okay. Good one or bad one?’

‘I wouldn’t say bad news to you with a smile on my face.’

‘I was just kidding. Okay, what is it?’

‘I actually want to give you a promotion. I want to appoint you as the Manager. I’ve been taking the responsibility of Manager and also the CEO so now, I want you to take the responsibility. Also, you are the new Creative Head of our company.’ I announced.

‘What?! You’re kidding, right?’

‘No, I’m serious.’

‘Well, I don’t know what to say.’

‘You don’t have to say anything. You just have to accept the job, that’s it.’

‘So much good news, all at a time, it’s too much to take in.’

‘Yeah, today’s your lucky day and I’m sure you’ll do your job passionately.’

‘Will I get a pay raise, then?’ Nandini asked jokingly.

‘Of course. Your salary will be three times of what you earn now.’ I replied.

‘Are you serious?!’

‘Always.’

‘Alright, Mr. Manik Malhotra, I will not disappoint you. But I have to tell you something.’ She said, suddenly her face turned serious.

‘Shoot.’

‘It’s regarding Inaaya.’ She said.

I didn’t know what she was about to say but something in me told me that it wasn’t going to be a very nice conversation.

* * *
So how was the chapter?

Hope you enjoyed it.

If you did, please don’t forget to leave a vote and drop a comment.

Please share this story too.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░ Thank you for reading the chapter hope you like it. Please answer the questions below.░░░░░░

░Precap-you all think what can happen░

Hope you answer them

░░░1)are you liking the story

░░░2)what you think about this plot

░░░3)Are you excited for future chapters

░░░░░░░Do give your review on above░░░░░░░

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

HOPE YOU ENJOY IT.

DONT FORGET TO VOTE COMMENT AND SHARE

FOLLOW ME AND ADD MY BOOKS TO LIBRARY OR READING LIST SO WHENEVER I UDPATE YOU GET THE NOTIFICATION.

DONT FORGET THE INLINE COMMENTS.

THANK YOU.

░░░NIKKI G... ░░░