*CHAPTER 31 : FINDING HELP*

|Manik’s POV|

When something happens that you’ve been strongly believing would happen, there’s nothing more satisfying than that

When something happens that you’ve been strongly believing would happen, there’s nothing more satisfying than that. I had the same feeling right now. I felt so relieved, knowing the fact that Inaaya, or anyone from my company, was involved in the robbery. We had informed the police about this and they were investigating the matter. I had told them to take extra care that the news doesn’t spread.

I went to the hospital where In Maya's mother was admitted. When I asked the receptionist, I came to know that she was in the ICU. The ICU was on the same floor, so I trudged towards it. I saw Inaaya sitting on a chair, her head in her hands without any movement.

She’s probably sleeping. I thought to myself. I decided not to disturb her. I sat next to her, slowly without making any sound. As soon as I sat, she moved a bit. She raised her head slowly and turned her head towards me. Her eyes were squinted. She was adjusting her eyes to the light and when she finally saw me clearly, she stood up all of a sudden.

‘Sir? You here?’ She asked.

‘Sit down.’ I said. She hesitated for a second and when I gestured to her to have a seat, she obliged. She looked so different without makeup. She was pale and her eyes were red from crying. Her cheeks had turned pink and yet she looked pretty.

‘I got to know that your mother was taken to the hospital. That’s why I came here. How is she by the way?’

‘She’s stable now. It wasn’t very serious. We thought she had an attack but actually she had fainted due to low blood pressure.’ She said,

‘Thank god!’ I exclaimed.

‘How did you know I was here by the way?’ She asked.

‘Actually, your neighbor told me about it. I went to your house to meet you.’ I replied.

‘Why sir? Is there anything important?’ She asked.

For the next few minutes, I explained everything to her about the alleged robbery.

‘What!? When did this happen?’ She asked in shock.

‘A few hours ago, I guess. I called everyone to the office and let them know about this. I called you but you didn’t pick up and that’s why I’m here.’ I explained.

‘So you think I did it?’ She asked slowly.

‘Nope. Everyone else believed that but I knew you wouldn’t do it. I came here personally to prove them wrong.’ I said and she smiled.

‘What’s the next step?’ She asked, worriedly.

‘I guess we’ll have to get the cops involved. There’s o other way now. Everything seems like a dead end.

‘I’m sure everything will be alright soon.’

‘I hope so.’ I said and got up.

‘I’m gonna go back to the office and see what I can do.’ I said.