CHAPTER 18 : THE TRUTH

★━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━★

|Nandini's POV|

I couldn't take Manik's behaviour anymore. He was nice at one moment and the next moment, he would turn bad. There was something that had happened on that day, the day he stopped talking to me. I couldn't understand what it was. I decided to confront him. What he had done in the past was also unforgivable but I decided to keep that matter on the back burner for the moment.

I got up from my place and barged into Manik's cabin. He was going through a file and when he heard the door opening, his eyes snapped up towards me.

'What is your problem, Manik?' I asked in anger.

'Miss Murthy, I hope you realise that you are at your workplace, I am your boss. So, please behave.' Manik said with a straight face. His jaw was clenched, indicating that he was angry too.

'Fuck your workplace and I don't give a fuck that you are my boss.' I shouted.

'Miss Murthy, this type of behaviour will not be entertained here. You are an employee, so be in your limits.'

'I am not here for entertaining you and fuck your limits. I just want to know what your problem is. One moment you are so caring and the next moment you turn so bad. What is the reason? What happened that day that made you feel hatred for me?' I asked.

He looked at me in anger.

'I am not in a mood to talk to you.' He said, firmly.

'Okay then. I'll sit here and wait for you. You will come in the mood at some time, right?' I said, sitting on the chair opposite to him. His table was what separated us. He banged his hand on the table in frustration.
'You really don't remember what happened that day?' He asked, looking at me despising.

'I don't understand what you're saying.'

'After the Annual Party of our college, we were supposed to meet at the club nearby, that's what you had said. I had been spending time with Cabir and other friends, so I lost track of time. When I realised that I was late, I ran up to the club, leaving my friends there. I was very tired when I entered the club. I looked around but couldn't find you. I walked in and saw you standing near the bar and Gaurav was with you. I saw that you were talking to him and after a while, you were laughing. I didn't move from there...I couldn't. I waited and then after a few minutes, I saw you guys getting closer. His hands were in your hips and yours on his chest. Then after a few moments, you kissed. You guys kissed for almost a minute. I couldn't take it, so I was excited. How can you not remember this? Don't give me any lame reasons that he left you after that and so on.' Manik said.

I was shocked by what he said. I didn't realise that he had been there all the time in the club.
'This is not true. Well, some of it isn't. I mean, I have a whole different version to this story. What you said is your version.' I said.

'Oh yeah? Then, what is your version? Enlighten me on that, please.' Manik said, his voice full of sarcasm.

'I am gonna tell you the actual story now.'

**Flashback starts:**

'Ughh....where the hell is Manik? He said he would be here by 9 and now it's almost 9:30. Let him come, I'm not gonna talk to him.' I said frustratingly to myself.
I had been waiting for Manik in the club near our college. He was supposed to come half an hour earlier but he still wasn't here yet.

I was clearly frustrated. I was looking at the door from time to time to see if Manik had entered or not. I was taken aback when I heard someone's voice addressing me. I looked back and saw Gaurav. I hated him and so, I started walking away when he held my hand and pulled me back. I was really angry by his actions.

'Leave me alone, you ugly bastard.' I shouted, struggling to slip my hands away from his hold but he was very strong.

'Nandini, listen....I just want to apologize for whatever that happened. I really didn't know you loved Manik so much. I thought you were forced into a relationship with him and that's why I proposed to you since I like you too. I'm really sorry for hurting you and Manik.' Gaurav said to me.

I was seeing this side of Gaurav for the first time. I was really shocked to let this matter go and accepted his apology. He looked visibly happy.

'So why are you here..alone?' He asked, ordering drinks for both of us.

'I am waiting for Manik here. He was supposed to be here half an hour ago.' I said.

'He will come, don't worry. And thanks for forgiving me. If I hadn't told you the truth, you would have made me an official enemy in your vision.' He said and we both laughed.

After a while, I felt my vision getting blurry. I was feeling dizzy but still, I was enjoying it. My vision was unclear and I saw Manik in front of me. I thought it was Manik but actually it was Gaurav. I didn't know it back then that it was Gaurav. He held my waist and pulled me towards him. All the time, I thought it was Manik. I was feeling so dizzy that I didn't even realise that Gaurav was the one who had been talking to me all the time.
He came closer to me and our lips touched each other. We kissed..for almost a minute. After we broke apart, my vision started getting clear but my dizziness wasn't decreasing. I realized that I had just kissed Gaurav.I was angry and I slapped him on the face before I passed out. When I woke up, I was in my home and Navya was in front of my eyes. Only later I came to know that Gaurav had actually mixed up something in my drink that night.

**Flashback Ends**

Manik was clearly shocked after hearing the actual story. He hadn't expected this. His facial expression clearly showed that he was embarrassed by himself. He was feeling regret.

'Is that what actually happened?'

He asked me.

'Yes, Manik.' I replied.

* * *

See u next Saturday... Love u all

So how's the chapter?

The truth is finally out now. What do you think made Nandini upset in the past? What had Manik done in the past that made Nandini hate him?

Comment your ideas down below and don't forget to vote.