18. Someone from the past

Hello everyone I know I've been so bad uploading recently, I promise I'm working on getting better at finishing chapters!😂 Hope you're all good, and safe! The one shot story's are to be expected soon, so hope you enjoy this little chapter ❤️
________________

The days that followed Fitz and Olivia's first date felt like a complete dream to them both. They were engulfed in a bubble of love, happiness and secrecy. It's hard to keep the person you love the most and want to show off the most, a secret, but there was something about it that was sexy. All they could tell themselves is- at least it's not adultery anymore.

"Liv oh my god are you deaf?" Harrison called for the second time. Her eyes returned to her friends. "What is so interesting out there?" He laughed, referring to her attention being out the coffee shop window all afternoon.

Olivia was brought back into the room. "Sorry. Just thinking about work stuff." She lied. How exactly could she announce to her friends that she was actually daydreaming about the details of Fitz' body, recalling the way his hands felt on her, easily remembering his strong fresh manly scent, that she swears she can still smell on her.

"Work tough?" Quinn asked kindly. Olivia felt bad. "No, just running through what I have to do tomorrow, You know me." She laughed lightly, avoiding Abby's small smirk she could see in the corner of her eye. She knew she'd have to eventually tell her friends and she wants to, but she wanted to make sure Fitz would be okay with that, especially since their friends are so intertwined now.

Huck held his gaze with her. She gave him a confused look. Making a mental note to ask him what that look was for.

After saying their goodbyes for the day, Abby headed straight to David's apartment. Liv took the offer from Huck to bring her home. "You're the best." She smiled as she pulled the seatbelt over her.

"So who is he?" Huck said after a second.

"Who is who?" She laughed, genuinely being a little confused by his immediate question.

"The guy. You're seeing someone." He smirked kindly, as he looked at her as he drove. "What? Why would you think that?" She panicked.

"You are daydreaming like a kindergartener, you haven't stopped smiling in possibly weeks, which is let's be honest, a bit extreme.." Liv rolled her eyes at his sarcastic comment. "....And you have plans all the time, you missed Friday night drinks 3 times now, you smile at your text messages like it's Brad Pitt on there.."

"That's your idea of what a girl likes?"

"Shut up, that's not the point. The point is you are all happy and smitten, but why haven't you told us. Who is he. That's my question." He shrugged.

"I'm going to tell you all soon, it's complicated I guess. Why does it matter?"

"Liv, you're one of the most important people in my life, I'm just looking out for you, I want to make sure he's the real deal, I don't want you getting hurt."

Liv's heart melted at her friends thoughtful words. She knew Huck was very protective of her, it was one of her favorite things about him. His loyalty and love for his friends. He's so kind and caringly sweet, she has another moment realizing how much she loves her friends, and quite frankly how much they love her back.

"He's the real deal Huck, I promise. I'm just not ready to share him yet. Once all you guys know it becomes a huge thing, and it can't be a huge thing right now? I appreciate your concern and love so much, but I mean it- you have nothing to worry about, He's a really great man."

"Well that's all I wanted to hear. I'm happy for you Liv. Take your time telling us. I know you're not exactly an open book."

She smiled, placing her hand on his. Giving it a friendly squeeze.