15. New beginnings

It's been a few days since that night. Olivia spent most of her time in her work. She was overworking herself to keep her mind from going anywhere but work, she had to do that because she was terrified to allow herself to feel. She hasn't seen anyone but Abby, Carol and her other colleagues. She's been avoiding her friends, and Sarah, and with Sarah came Ky and Jadyn. She missed them so much. So when her phone started to buzz and show Sarah's face, she answered.

"Hey you."

"Hey Sarah. Sorry it's been a minute. I've been crazy busy with work." Olivia allowed herself to sit on her bed, and stop for a bit. There was silence on the other end of the phone. "So I spoke to Abby." Sarah eventually continued. Olivia wished she never picked up the phone.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah she didn't tell me, I asked. So she had no other option, don't be mad at her. But also why didn't you tell me. This is what I'm here for babe." Sarah softly replied.

"It's just not something I want to talk much about."

"Get dressed. We're going for drinks. Just me and you."

"Oh I don't know."

"Oh come on it's a Friday night. Get up. Get ready. Come out with me and we can talk, or drink, or both."

Liv exhaled. Knowing Sarah wasn't going to accept no as an answer. So she agreed. "Fine."

"Excellent. Be ready by 8."

Olivia walked around her wardrobe. Trying her best to not think about the morning he ran in here. How they laughed afterwards. How they spent the morning together. How easy and happy she felt. Now that was all gone. He stopped calling after two days, clearly getting the message. Her heart nonetheless didn't stop hurting. It was constant pain. She shook her head as she grabbed black jeans, a spaghetti string silk top and black strapped heels. She straightened her hair and applied some make up. It's the most acceptable she's looked all week, at least in her eyes. She looked at herself in the mirror. It wasn't the same when she wasn't feeling a little excited for him to see her. She sighed. Grabbing her purse and coat.

She and Sarah sat by the bar. "You look fab." Sarah smiled. "So do you."

"What are you drinking."

"Anything." She laughed. "I'll have a glass of red." She then said. Making Sarah laugh. "There she is." Olivia rolled her eyes.

When they got their drinks, they settled into their seats. Moving from the busyness of the bar, to more private seats. "You want to talk about it? Or do you want to ignore it. I'm up for either." Sarah had to bring it up. Now or never.

"I don't know."

"How are you at least?" Sarah stared her down until Olivia finally returned the glance. "I'm fine." She shrugged. Sarah tilted her head, as if to say come on now. "I'm not good." Olivia eventually said.

Sarah could feel it. She doesn't know how, but you could sense it off her. Olivia was in fact heartbroken and hurting deeply from this. "I'm so sorry Liv. If it's any constellation I bet he feels the same, probably even worse."

"That doesn't help." Liv laughed. "It had to be done. For now at least. I just wish it wasn't the right thing you know? It sucks so much. I can't stop thinking about him."

Sarah sighed. She wished she could make this all stop for her. But she couldn't. "Liv whether you are ready to hear this or not, you are in love with him. I don't see how anything about that can be so wrong. All this hurting and pain because what? Morally it's not fair? He's getting a divorce? A positive easy one at that. I'm not seeing the issue?"