16. Awaited moments

Hello everyone, I am so sorry for making you wait so long. I hope this chapter makes up for it! Hope you're all doing great and are safe! Appreciate all the love always! Enjoy 💖
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Fitz woke up in his new apartment, with a cheesy grin plastered on his face. As soon as he opened his eyes, last night played over and over in his mind. The kiss, what they said, her. Just her. She made his world go round. He left soon after that. Only because Abby was there, and he didn't want to overstay his welcome, even though he knew the redhead wouldn't have minded. But either way he left. He called her afterwards, before he went to bed, wanting to hear her voice just once more. They talked all night, giggling at each other. The past few weeks, a distant memory now.

They looked forward to seeing each other today. It was Luke's daughter- Emily's birthday. Luke and Kelli were having a party at their place, with bouncy castles and face paints and all that fun kid stuff. The adults using it as an excuse to have some drinks and hang out.

"So last night." Abby wiggled her brows, as Liv poured herself a cup of coffee. Usually Liv would shake her head or roll her eyes, but she smiled. A big visible smile, that made Abby return the gesture. "I'm so happy, you two were torturing each other for no reason."

"I know. I feel good I don't know, like just like a huge weight has come off me. I missed him so much. Abby I know it sounds stupid but I feel like he's it for me." She admitted, kneeling against the counter top. "Hello? I know? I have been telling you that for months now."

"It was hard Abby, I mean the circumstances weren't ideal, it's difficult to believe something is right when it was necessarily wrong on a lot of levels."

"I know Liv, I'm only teasing, I'm happy you sorted things out though, I mean I'm kinda stoked I got to witness it."

Liv laughed. "Weirdo."

"You said the L word, miss Olivia-I-never-express-emotions-Pope, said you are in love with someone."

"Okay enough." She giggled. Abby's face said it all, she was so happy for her, Liv didn't open up much, it was refreshing to see her so care free. The knock on the door let them know Sarah, Ky and Jadyn were here.

"I'll get it." Liv smiled. Looking forward to seeing her nephew, it has been much too long for her liking. "Hey you." She squealed, laughing as the little boy attacked her with hugs. "Hey." Ky laughed.

"Someone is very excited to see his two favourite ladies." Sarah giggled, as Jadyn ran from Liv to Abby. "What's up kid!" Abby hugged the little boy.
Sarah looked to Liv, trying to catch her eyes. Wondering is she okay, after seeing him last night. She still hasn't told Ky anything, it wasn't her place to tell. Not when Ky is as protective as he is. Eventually she caught her glance, Liv just smiled. That was enough for now. Sarah could sense she seemed okay, maybe even more than okay. She stopped worrying.

They all drove to Luke's in Ky's jeep. "Fitz and Mellie's divorce is finalised right?" Ky asked.

"Yeah, last week." Abby responded, knowing Liv wasn't too enthusiastic pretending to her brother. "That's awesome. They went about it so right, it's great they can still tolerate one another for the sake of their kids."

"Yeah. Abby how's David?" Sarah changed the subject, Liv mentally thanked her.

When they arrived, none of them were surprised to see a pretty impressive set up. With a huge bounce house, kids DJ, about 20 adults and 20 kids. Kelli always knew how to throw a party, even if it was a kids party. Sarah finally caught Olivia alone as they walked in. "You good?"