LA here I am! -1

I woke up at 5am. Today is July 31st. Today is the day I've been waiting. Today my new life starts.
I have finished packing yesterday night, I take the clothes I prepared yesterday night and after a quick shower I put them on. Leaving from Rome the flight will be really long, there will be a stop to NY too, so I am expecting something like 18 hours of travel, but it's worth it.

I go downstairs and there I see my mom and my brother ready to go. We put my two suitcases in the truck and we go to the airport. There I see a group of people holding a huge poster. Just after a few minutes I realize that those are my friends, and that the poster is a college of all of our pictures. I smile and I run to them hugging them tight. I feel some tears in my eyes. I'm lucky to have them.

Here it is the part I was the most afraid of. Saying goodbye. I hug my mom and she starts crying.
"I'll call you everyday I promise!" I tell her.
"I know you will but I will still miss you" she replies.
Then I hug my brother, he tells me to stay away from boys or he'll have to come to LA to beat them up.
"If I have to get a boy for you to come, be sure I'll get with a lot of them" I say laughing.
"Oh no I didn't meant that" he shakes is head. I hug him another time and I walk to my gate.
My experience is officially starting.

When I get on the second plane I start to think about the last couple months. After I got my placement I started talking with the host family a lot. Josh followed me back on Instagram, and also his sister Megan did the same.

I FaceTimed them a couple of times. Megan told me that her friends are so excited to meet me and that we will have a great time.
I'm really sad that josh will not live at home with us because we have a lot of things in common and I know we will be great friends. Since the fame started he lives in a house, a couple blocks from his family, with his friends. He told me that he will introduce me to them also if they don't know I'm coming, so I'm little nervous about that. I close my eyes and keep thinking how my life will change.

I feel someone touching my shoulder so I open my eyes and look up. A flight attendant tells me that we are starting to land in LA. I watch from the small window at my right and I see LA from the sky. I get more and more excited.

As soon as I land I text Ellis that tells me they are waiting at the arrivals.
I go to the luggage claim and get my two bags, luckily both of them arrived.
As soon as I get out I see so many people holding signs and looking for people. And then I see them. There are Ellis, Megan and the little Chloe. I ran up to them, as fast as my two suitcases allow, and I hug them.

"Welcome to the sunny city of LA" greets me Ellis.
"Thank you!" I reply smiling.
"That douchebag of Josh couldn't come by, because he had to film a video but you will meet him later at home, and dad is at work so the same goes for him" explains Megan, and I giggle for the nickname she gave josh.

"Are you my new sister?" I hear a little voice ask.
I look down and I saw that the kid that was talking was Chloe, so I knee down and look at her.
"Yes, are you happy?" I ask smiling.
She makes a big smile and nods and then hugs me.
"My heart is melting" I tell to the mom of this adorable kid.

"Come one, there is an home waiting for you Sophie" screams in excitement Megan taking my hand and leading me to a black car. We put the suitcases in the truck and we drive through the roads of LA.

I remember that I have to call my mom so I digit her number and I call her.
(In Italian)
"Hey Mom, I'm here!"
"Well I'm happy the flight was smooth! Did you already met them?" She asks
"Yes! I'm in the car right now!"
"Ok call me tomorrow! "
"Yes mom don't worry" I reply rolling my eyes but with a smile on.

When I hung up I see chloe looking at me weirdly.
"What?" I ask always with a smile on.
"In what language where you talking?" She asks confused.
"Darling Sophie is from italy, so she speaks italian with her family, but she is also really good at english because she studied it" replies her mom smiling at her.
"Ohhh, but I wanna speak Italian too" she says pouting and we all laugh.

We arrive in front of a huge house and we park.
"Welcome home sis!" Says Megan side hugging me.
They show me around and they help me put the suitcases in my huge room.
The house is built on two floors, all the room are in the second floor. My room has a private bathroom and a walk in closet. I'm in love.

I go downstairs and us girls start eating and chatting. Megan tells me that we have a month before school starts and that she will make sure I meet all of her friends before the first day.
She also tells me that a lot of girls at school are fake and that some of them try to be friends with her just because they want to get with josh. So now I know to be aware.

I go upstairs with Megan and we keep chatting while she helps me organize all my clothes.
"Dude you have style!" She tells me looking at my clothes.
"As thank you! My mom owns a boutique so I grew up surrounded by clothes!"
"Wait that's so cool, when I come to italy I will have to stop by!" She laugh.
I feel we really will become like sisters.

She starts talking about her brother's friends, and she tells me she has a crush on one of them but no one knows it, also because josh is really protective towards her.
Once we are done with everything, we lay on my bad staring at the ceiling and we keep talking about practically everything until I fall asleep.

Authors corner
Here it is the second part! I hope you like it! Leave a ⭐️ and a comment!!
Any suggestion and advice is always welcomed!!