Madison? -10

"No no no, this is not the right melody" Jaden says for the 10th time.
It's 8.00am and we are at the studio. I'm sitting on a couch writing some words and verses on a notebook, is something I started to do a couple of months before leaving Italy. Jaden is working with Travis and his team for a new song. He told me that he has a lot of songs in storage but that the inspiration for this one hit him last night.

Last night we ended up falling asleep cuddling. It wasn't weird or anything. This morning he woke up at 6 am and he woke me up at 6:30, we got ready to go to the studio and it's now half an hour we are here. He didn't want me to see or hear the lyrics. He just told me that the name of the song will be "Pray".

"Why? All of your songs have this type of beat" argues Travis.
"For that exact reason, this song is different. It's more intimate, this song is not about me, it's about other people too." Jaden says, he has a really deep voice when he cares a lot about something.
Travis shakes his head to show his disagreement.

"I don't think it's a bad idea to change the flow if the song is different from the others. It's still gonna be Jaden. I don't know what the lyrics is about, because Mr. Hossler right here wants it to be a surprise for me, but talking as a fan, if a song is deeper, or has to make the listeners feel in a different way, changing the beat a might might not hurt." I rant, at the end I feel kinda stupid. They are all professional, and I sing in the shower.

"The Italian might have a point" Travis mumbles.
"What?" Me and Jaden kind of scream at the same time.
"If I say it it's not good, but if Sophie does it's ok?" Jaden rambles.
"She is just more convincing" Travis says.

"Now that I convinced them, can I be rewarded with reading the lyrics?" I stand up and walk towards Jaden.
"No kid you cannot" he says and I pout and do a puppy face at him.
"You are cute tho" he says patting my head.

"Shut up Hossler, hey Trav can I get an advice?" I ask.
"Why him and not me?" This time jaden is pouting.

I blow him a kiss while Travis comes towards me and the team starts working again on Jaden's track.
"So kiddo what do you need" Travis asks sitting next to me on the couches.
"Soo.. you know you are the only one to know I kind of sing sometimes, I also have written some lyrics, would you mind take a look at them? Please don't tell anything to Jaden" I explain.
"Yeah sure".
I hand him my notebook and he looks at the lyrics, almost studying them.

"This have potential, I will pass them through one of my friends so we can have a double opinion. I also need to hear you singing tho." He says.
"Thanks Travis, I'll send you a video of me singing a cover" I say.
He nods and goes back to working with Jaden.

It's now 10am and we are going back to Sway when Jaden gets a call from Josh.
"Hey josh what's up?" Jaden answers.
"Where are you? You are no where to be found. Is Sophie with you? She in not in her room and her phone is here" Josh says, shit I forgot my phone at home, I didn't even notice.
"Yeah Sophie is with me, she forgot her phone at home, we are coming back" he explains.
"Why are you two together?" He asks.
"We were the only ones up and we were bored so we got out and got some breakfast" I explain since josh in on speaker.

"Jaden I have to warn you about something, that's the main reason I called you" Josh says.
"What?" He asks.
"Mads is here at Sway." He says and Jaden freezes.
"W-wha? W-why?" He mumbles. I'm confused, I still don't know who Mads is and why Jaden always behaves weird when someone says her name.

"Nessa has something going on at home and she was really sad so she invited her over, I hope it's not too much of a problem, if you want I can tell her to leave" he explains.
"Oh okay, it's fine. I want Nessa to feel better and Mads and her are such good friends. In theory we are on good terms so it's fine I guess" Jaden says but he is not too sure. He kinda looks lost.