Chapter 7.2

Chapter 7.2

Annika and i agreed to meet at 12:30 P.M only if the sun was hot enough to make the water of the ocean favorable for our skins. Knowing very well that time was going to be hard to manage i made it a priority to visit Jennifer right after i had knocked off from work. Awake and charting with my mother i found her. I felt proud of her on the way she was speaking and gesturing. She was getting better although i wasn't sure of that. I had breakfast with her and my mother right there in the hospital that morning, something close to a normal behavior of a family i missed a lot. I went home to get rid of the fatigue i had soon after we were done with the breakfast.

By the time the clock was just a few minutes away from 1 P.M i was all set for the beach, riding my scooter to the home of Annika, dressing the clothes she had bought me except for a black t-shirt and a pair of white socks. Annika had traded her bowler for a sun hat and she was looking extra beautiful in a bright red dress and white slip ons. She was in a summer mood.

"Wow!" i said when she had come out of her home, ready to go. "You look amazing."

She brought out aviator glasses from her hand bag and put them on.

"Thank you" she said, smiling at me. She gave me the keys of her car and added, "You know the way better."

Together we walked to her car.

"Let me get that for you" i said and unlocked the passenger door for her. "Ladies first."

"Thank you" she drawled and got into the car. "You didn't tell me you are such a gentleman."

"Was scared that you would regret about not meeting me earlier in your life" i joked and closed the door. "And you are welcome."

The beach we went to was a very popular place that was always crowded no matter what day it was. The safety beyond its sand was being overlooked by life guards, making the place ideal for fun. The ride to it was a bit long. It was almost an hour away from Weca. Add the time we had stopped to get some drinks and snacks for our time there, over an hour it had taken us to get there. The beach was called Side town, taking its name from a neighborhood that was close to it.

Among the crowd that was there we found a good spot to put our belongings and act as our starting base for the time we were to be at the beach. Annika had brought a cloth big enough for both of us to lie on for the times we were to be taking breaks from swimming. There was to be no lying on the sand directly. The cloth stretched on the sand perfectly.

Annika removed off her slip ons, aviator glasses, hat and dress. She left herself dazzling in a bright red bikini. All the curves on her i could see clearly and seeing them left me amazed, speechless and nailed to the spot i was. Even without the aid of her curly hair, the lady was unquestionably beautiful.

"If everyone else was looking at me the way you are doing right now, i could have buried myself in the sand" she said to me and started to walk to the ocean. "Come on! We don't have the whole day."

In a snap i put down everything i had carried, drinks and snacks, and stripped of everything except for the swimming short. The talk was on me; my swimming short was matching with Annika's attire. We were another couple on the beach.

Before this day i actually thought that i was the best swimmer in the world until when i had seen Annika swimming. She was way better than me. Her weakness was that she couldn't stay in the water for too long. She often had to come out of it to catch her breath and that she did strongly as if breathing was hard for her. She insisted that she was okay when i had asked her about her well-being and i believed that.