Chapter 2.2

Chapter 2.2

It had become a little quiet from there to doctor Maynard's office. Not a lot was happening in this hour, a very rare and cool thing to happen in the ward. Come on a bad day, one would cry or be grabbed by shock seeing what the ward's patients were going through run into them outside their rooms.

They would look at you and drain away all the joy that was contained in you. Luckily we only ran into one of the nurses, Mrs. Chapmans, before we had come at a standstill at the door of the office of doctor Maynards.

Phew! The Lord's mercy was at work, trust me on that. Mrs. Chapmans had become a great friend to us. She usually greeted and had a lot to talk with us every time we met.

Pleased with the news of the waking up of Jennifer she gave both me and my mother hugs. She was to visit us later for she was in a rush to get somewhere in that meantime.

"This better be good" my mother said and made a knock on the door of the office of doctor Maynards.

"You can come in please" from behind the door came the voice of the doctor, sharp and loud. "The door is open." My mother was the first to walk in and I was last.

We were at the official territory of doctor Maynards at the hospital. He was a man with flawless looks like an elf from the lord of the rings. He had quite a resemblance with the actor who played the villain in Terminator 2. I really meant it when I told my mother that.

"Was about to come to ask for you" the doctor said, getting up from his comfortable seat he had as his office chair. He had spotted a smart casual outfit. "Sit down please."

He with haste took a big envelope from his desk's drawer and went behind me and my mother. No single idea of what he was doing there was with me. I could only hear sounds of papers been touched. Never did I try to turn to see what he was up to, neither did my mother. My thought was that he had forgotten that he had guests in his office.

"Oh, so sorry" he finally said something. He had not forgotten us. "Can you just spin your seats and turn to me please."

We did as he wanted. He was fully a doctor this time I saw him, having put on his white coat.

"I am going to need a lot of attention from you all" he said sincerely, his hands clasped. He had stood in front of a white board plastered with x-ray images mostly showcasing the head. "Okay. If you can see and remember, this is the tumor that drove Jennifer into a coma" he began explaining about what was on the board, pointing an x-ray image that was first in line. He didn't need to make an introduction of what was on there, that he had already done in our precious similar meetings. "It was fatal and could have done a damage that was life threatening had it been left. It's a miracle that it was spotted and removed earlier."

He had totally gained all the attention he needed. "And this is the tumor that led to the administration of chemotherapy to her" he went on, his left hand side fingers pointing at another x-ray image, second from the first. "If the chemo was working it could have been gone or its size could have reduced. You can see on the third one, taken just yesterday. Mm you can see that the size of the tumor has gotten a little big if you can compare it to the one on the first x-ray. The reason Jennifer is awake it's because it has pushed away from the blood vessels it was blocking, allowing oxygen to flow."

My mother was agape, her eyes wider and I was just suspicious of what the doctor was trying to say. "You may recall that it was said that operating on it put Jenny's life on a risk and because of that it was discussed that she just be made comfortable. It's a miracle that she has woken. Judging from the experience I have, Jenny was to never wake up. Consider yourself lucky for you will have the chance to say goodbye."