1.07 To the Little Guys

"So," Kat leaned up against the door frame of Laila and Erskine's office, "when were you gonna tell me?"

Laila shrugged, organizing the papers on her desk, "You were busy. Didn't want to bother you. And if you didn't notice," she motioned to the massive amount of papers on the desk, "I have been too."

Kat sighed, moving toward the chair in front of the Asgardian's desk, "Understandable. But you need to tell me everything. How did he ask you? Was it romantic? Did he sweep you off your feet?"

Laila blushed, laughing slightly at her friends antics, "It was very romantic."

"That's it. That's all you're gonna tell me. Come on, I know you're bursting to talk about it."

Laila looked up at Kat and smiled, playfully rolling her eyes, "Fine." Laila created a pulse of energy, closing the door, "It first started when we went dancing. The band played Moonlight Serenade."

"How romantic." Kat wiggled her eyebrows, causing the two women to giggle.

"It really was. We had a nice little conversation about my previous engagement back in Asgard. Then Puttin' On the Ritz came on, so we did a little tap in your honor."

"I am very honored." Kat did a little bow in her seat, "Now continue."

"Then he took me to the park. We sat down, he asked me to marry him in the sweetest way possible and promised me he'd marry me the moment he came home."

"I'm so happy for you, Laila. It's like a fairytale. You deserve a happily ever after."

"Oh stop," Laila wiped her eyes, reliving the moments in her head, "you're making me cry. Besides, you deserve a happy ending."

"I'm a witch. Simple. People like me usually burn at the stake."

"Oh, stop being so melodramatic. What you have is a gift. A powerful one. Magic is only granted to those who deserve it."

"Alright, enough sappy talk. Let me see the ring." Laila extended her hand forward, "Is that..."

"Winnifred's ring." Laila finished.

Kat smiled brightly, "You're it for him, Lails. This right here proves it." She pulled Laila in for the tightest hug she could possible, "I'm so happy for you."

"