1.10 Star Spangled Man With A Plan

"How's he doing?" Kat asked as she and Steve entered the exam room

"He's all patched up and back to his normal self." Laila answered, pointing at Steve, "You. On the bench." Steve nodded.

"That's good." Kat told her, "Thank you for saving him."

"I couldn't have done it without you." Laila smiled at her, preparing the needle, "And you did good too." She said to Steve as she wiped his arm down before sticking the needle in.

"Thanks." Steve winced slightly at the pain.

"I heard you had another vision." Laila turned to Kat.

"I did." She nodded, "And I told Phillips. Said he wanted a report from the two of us and that we would tell Howard about it."

Laila nodded, turning her attention back to Steve, changing the vial, "How are you feeling? About the whole visions thing?"

"It was scary." Steve looked at Kat, who placed her hand on his back, rubbing it gently, "I didn't know what was happening or what to do."

Laila laughed slightly, "Seems like her eyes can change all types of colors."

Laila continued to take samples of his blood, filling up around twelve vials, "Think you got enough?" Steve asked as Laila pulled the needle out. He rolled down his sleeve.

"Any hope of reproducing the program is locked in your genetic code." Laila gave the medial equipment to the nurse in the room, "But without Dr. Erskine, it would take years."

"And he didn't tell you how to recreate it?" Steve questioned her.

Laila sighed, "No, he didn't. He said that me not knowing would keep me safe."

Steve only nodded, walking towards the window that looked at to the floor below, "He deserved more than this."

Laila patted his arm, "If it could work only once, he'd be proud it was you." She kissed his cheek before walking away to take care of the vials of blood.

"Colonel Phillips, my committee is demanding answers

"Colonel Phillips, my committee is demanding answers." Brandts stomped after said man.

"Great. Why don't we start with how a German spy got a ride to my secret installation in your car?" Phillips stopped in front of Howard, "What've we got here?"