1.09 The Pier

As Kat stood in Steve's arms, she could feel the atmosphere change

As Kat stood in Steve's arms, she could feel the atmosphere change. She turned her head, making eye contact with Clemson, who smirked at her.

She watched as he opened the lighter, setting off a bomb from the booth above. Steve quickly pulled Kat down to shield her from the blast.

"Stop him!" Erskine yelled. "Clemson" took the last remaining vital.

He then shot Erskine twice in the chest before attempting to shoot Kat. Kat had managed to pull herself from Steve's grasp to chase after the man, but George quickly jumped in front of her to stop her.

Kat held her father as he slumped back in her arms, "No." she cried, helping to set him on the floor.

Steve ran over to Erskine as Laila quickly approached George. Peggy, seeing as none of the individuals in the room were making an attempt to go after the man, began shooting at him as he exited, landing a graze in the shoulder. She then began chasing him out.

"Where were you hit?" Laila kneeled down next to George, "Show me."

George struggled to lift his arm, pointing to where the bullet had entered his shoulder. Laila turned Kat, who was crying as her father's head laid in her lap.

Howard had maneuvered his way over to the group, wrapping his arms around Kat in comfort, "It's okay." He cooed in her ear, "Breathe for me."

Kat relaxed in his arms as Laila spoke, "Kat, I need you to levitate the bullet out. After that, I can take over." Kat nodded silently through her tears.

She lifted her hand, pink mist emitting as she began to pull the bullet out. George screamed in pain, causing everyone, including Steve, heads to shift towards the Major.

Steve noticed Kat in Howard's arms and rushed over. Howard was quick to back up as Kat launched herself into Steve's arms.

"It's okay." He whispered, his face in her hair.

"I want after him." Kat whispered, her hot tears landing on his shoulder.

"Kat," Steve pulled away from her slightly, "I don't think that's such..."

"I don't care." Kat looked at Laila for reassurance.

"He'll be okay. I've got him." Laila told her.

Kat nodded, racing out of the room. Steve quickly following after her.

"How the hell did this happen?" Phillips barked, "And how the hell did that just happen?" He pointed to the damaged booth above.