2.02 Only Happy When It Rains

Kat sat on the train until it came to a stop at the station

Kat sat on the train until it came to a stop at the station. Though Fury might not have liked it, she decided not to follow Vers out. She saw the woman hanging off the side of the train and figured she was back inside after they went through the tunnel.

She got off, rubbing her head. A patron walked up to her, "Are you okay, Ms. Magic?"

Kat gave them a light smile, "I'm okay. Thank you."

She made her way out of the station and spotted Fury's car smashed up in the middle of the road.

She ran across the street and to his window, to see his eyebrow bleeding, "Oh my god, are you okay? You're bleeding."

"Yeah. I'm...I'm..." Fury turned to see the dead Skrull in his passenger seat, "Is that a..."

"Skrull? It's a Skrull. That's what she was chasing after." Kat clarified.

Fury quickly got out of the car, pulled off his suit jacket and covered it over the creature.

"We need an ambulance." Someone said.

"Someone call 911!" Another added.

Sirens began to blare. Kat looked to Fury, "We need to get out of here."

Fury flashed his badge, "Offical SHIELD activity. Stay back."

Kat and Fury stood in the morgue as the medical examiner looked over the dead Skrull

"All life on Earth is carbon-based. Not this guy. Whatever he runs on, it's not in the periodic table." The medical examiner explained.

Fury held an ice pack to his eye, "You're saying he's not from round here?"

Kat playfully rolled her eyes, "You don't say."

Fury moved closer as the medical examiner held one of the Skrull's organs in his hand, "Hey, how's your eye?"

Fury removed the ice pack, "Well, I'd say fine... but it can't believe what it's seeing."

The medical examiner stepped away as Director Keller approached, "You say this thing looked like Coulson?"

"And a little old lady that woman beat the shit out of." Kat added.