1.16 Grief

Once the SSR had secured Zola, Kat went to find Steve

Once the SSR had secured Zola, Kat went to find Steve. When she found him, she saw him leaned against the wall, head in between his legs and crying.

Kat quickly rushed towards him, taking his face in her hands, "Stevie, what happened?" She looked around for the familiar brunette, "Where's Bucky?" Steve only cried harder, "Steve, where's Bucky?" He only pulled her into his chest, crying into her shoulder.

Kat had no other option but to dig into Steve's mind to find out exactly what happened. She saw the Hydra guard shoot at the two of them, sending Steve flying back. She watched Bucky take the shield only to be thrown out the train. He was holding on as tightly as he could, but the railing gave way and she watched Bucky fall to his death.

Kat quickly pulled herself out of Steve's head and began crying herself. She tucked herself tightly into Steve, the two were not willing to loose each other.

"Oh, Laila." Kat only cried harder.

George stood behind the one way glass as Phillips went to interrogate Zola

George stood behind the one way glass as Phillips went to interrogate Zola. He was furious that Zola costed them the life of one of their strongest men, but George was more upset that his daughter lost one of her closest friends. And that the young Asgardian had lost the man she loved above all else.

Phillips walked in with a tray of food, "Sit down." He turned the tray around and pushed it towards Zola as the smaller man sat down.

"What is zis?" Zola asked.

"Steak." Phillips replied.

"What is in it?"

"Cow." Phillips sat down across from Zola, "Doctor, so you realize how difficult it is to get ahold of a prime cut like that out here?"

Zola hummed, "I don't eat meat."

"Why not?"

"It disagrees with me."