Sorry About Your Brother

Merle didn't come back. Some new cop who was apparently Carol's dad came back and told him he had cuffed Merle to the roof of a building in Atlanta.

            Daryl was fuming. He had stalked off to his tent, planning on packing his stuff to go find his brother.

            "Daryl?" he heard a voice behind him and whipped around to see Sophia standing there.

            "What?" he asked, trying not to sound too harsh.

            "I'm sorry about your brother," she said quietly.

            "My brother is fine!" he snapped and she stepped back a little, eyes wide. Daryl immediately felt bad.

            "Sorry kid," he said, sitting down.

            "It's okay, Sophia walked over and sat down next to him, "Momma said you'd be upset about your brother and that I shouldn't bother you. But I wanted to make sure you were okay."

            "'m fine kid," he said.

            "You know, you can call me Sophia," she said. Daryl nodded, but didn't offer a reply.

            "Are you leaving?" Sophia asked.

            "Gotta find Merle," he told her.

            "But... I don't want you to go," she said sadly.

            "I ain't gonna be gone forever," Daryl said, "'sides, the hell's it matter if I'm here or not?"

            "It's safer when you're here," Sophia said softly and Daryl looked at her in shock. "Please don't go Daryl. I don't want you to go."

            "Look, Sophia, I ain't gone forever," he said, "Jus' a couple days, a'right?" She nodded sadly, but before Daryl could say anything, Carol had walked over.

            "Sophia, I told you to leave Daryl alone," she reprimanded her daughter.

            "It's a'right," Daryl waved her off, standing up. Sophia got to her feet and started walking back to her mother, but she ran back to Daryl.

            "Please be careful Daryl," she said, hugging him tightly around the waist. He stiffened slightly before patting her awkwardly on the back. She ran off to her mother and they walked back to camp, leaving Daryl to wonder what had just happened. He was starting to get attached to that little girl and her mother and he didn't know what to do about it.

Chapter two!

If there's anyone who has died on the show, but you want to see them live in this story, let me know! I won't be killing anyone who hasn't yet died in the show and I can promise I won't be killing Daryl or Carol.

Thanks so much for reading and let me know what you think!