Two Months Later

Another two months passed before they finally found somewhere. A prison. Daryl never thought he'd be voluntarily breaking into a prison, though he'd never thought the dead would start walking either. He also ever thought he'd... what? have a girlfriend? No, that made him sound like he fourteen. Well, whatever this thing was between him a Carol, he never thought he'd have that either.

            They hadn't kissed again since that day in the woods. There hadn't really been any time for the two of them to even talk. With Lori almost eight months along now, Carol was spending most of her time at the other woman's side in case anything happened.

            Daryl wasn't even sure what they'd talk about. He looked over at where the rest of the group was sitting, exhausted after a day of clearing walkers out of the courtyard. His eyes landed on Carol and he wasn't exactly sure what he felt. It was certainly different from anything he'd felt before. With anyone.

            Daryl snorted. Figures it takes the damn apocalypse for him to even consider getting close to a girl. He can just imagine what Merle would say...

            "Brought you something to eat."

            He looked down from his perch on the overturned bus and saw Carols standing there. He reached a hand out and helped her up onto the bus.

            "Thanks," he said, taking the bowl she held out.

            "Knew if I didn't bring you something you wouldn't eat," she said and then looked around. "See anything?"

            "Aside from the geeks behind the gate, nothin'," he told her.

            Carol nodded and glanced over at the others.

            "You know they're all preoccupied right now," Carol said and Daryl looked at her questioningly. "Wanna screw around?"

            Daryl scoffed slightly. "Stop." He was smiling as he said it and she laughed.

            "We should head over ta the others. See what the plan is," he told her and she nodded. "I'll go down first."

            "Even better," she laughed and he glanced over his shoulder at her, scoffing slightly.

            He climbed off the bus and reached up to help her down. Sliding his hand into hers, he made to walk over to the group, but Carol tugged on his hand and pulled him back.

            "What?" he asked, but instead of answering she kissed him. She went to pull away just as quick as she had before, but Daryl pulled her back against him. He leaned back against the bus and Carol wrapped her arms around this neck. They pulled apart after a moment, both looking a little surprised at what had happened.

            "Well..." Carol breathed, "That was..."

            "Yeah..." Daryl said.

            "We should go back to the others..."

            "Yeah..." Daryl repeated, but neither of them moved. They stood there for a few moments in silence, just staring at each other.

            "We really need to get back," Carol said, "They'll have noticed we're not on the bus anymore and someone's going to come over."

            That got Daryl moving and he straightened up. He laced his fingers through Carol's again and the pair walked over to the fire, listening to Rick go over the plan for tomorrow.

I absolutely loved the interaction between them at this moment on the show and just had to include it, with a little twist. Like I said, now they're at the prison Caryl will really start moving forward.

Thanks so much for reading and let me know what you think!