Facing Death

They were going to die. They were locked in the CDC and had less than an hour before they were going to die. Daryl and Shane were swinging axes at the door, but it was no use.

            "Jenner, open the door," Rick said.

            "I can't," Jenner replied, "I told you, it's too late."

            "You can't do this!" Carol said, tears shining in her eyes. "My daughter doesn't deserve to die like this!"

            "Quick and painless," Jenner said, "Isn't that better than anything that could happen out there?"

            Before she could say anything, Shane had walked over to Jenner, shotgun in hand.

            "Open the doors," he growled, pressing the fun against Jenner's face. The others move away from him as Rick tried to talk him down. Shane started firing at the computers and everyone ducked. Sophia had pulled her mother over to stand next to Daryl and he immediately grabbed them, forcing them to the floor. The door was finally opened and everyone ran to grab their stuff.

            "Stay close, a'right?" Daryl said to Carol as they ran towards the front doors. She nodded and held Sophia against her as Daryl and Shane attempted to break the window glass. They tried everything: axes, a chair, a shotgun, but nothing worked.

            "The glass won't break?" Sophia asked in a scared voice. Daryl walked over and the little girl latched onto his hand.

            "Rick, I might have something that can help," Carol said.

            "Carol, I don't think a nail file's gonna help right now," Shane said.

            "Your first night at the camp, when I washed your uniform, I found this," Carol pulled the grenade out of her bag and Rick took it carefully.

            "Get down!" T-Dog shouted and they ran for cover. Daryl and Carol covered Sophia and kept their faces down as an explosion came from behind them.

            "It worked!" Carl exclaimed.

            "Let's go!" Daryl shouted and they ran for it. Carol and Sophia followed Daryl to his truck and climbed.

            "Wait, wait," Carol said as Daryl was about to start up the truck.

            "What?" Daryl asked. He looked up and followed Carol's gaze to see Dale and Andrea making their way out of the building. They heard Rick start honking at them.

            "Get down!" Daryl said. Carol forced Sophia down onto the floor in front of the passenger seat as she and Daryl ducked as low as they could.

            They held their breath and waited for the inevitable explosion and Carol reached over and grabbed a hold of Daryl's hand. Daryl looked at her just as the building went up in flames.

Alright, so there is a chance Sophia may die in one these stories. I know a lot of people want her to live (I've had more votes for her to live than any other character) and she will live for sure in at least one of them, possibly both. I just haven't totally decided yet. I can promise that if she does die in one of them, other characters that are dead in the show will survive in this.

Thanks so much for reading and let me know what you think!