Part Twenty-Three | The Birds Afraid To Fly

Eva'Luna packed some stuff for the trip and then went to help Raven. Raven would often get up and pace around the room before helping. Eva'Luna just reassured him and made him feel better about the situation. That's when something entered her brain.

"Can't you grow wings??" She asked him,completely out of the blue. Raven looked up from his bag and raised an eyebrow.

"Yes?" He answered,sounding like a question. Eva gave him a 'really' face and he just smiled,not knowing where she's going with this conversation.

"Your afraid of flying,when your a literal bird" She exclaimed,emphasizing the word bird. Raven's eyes widened and he bit his lip to hold back a laugh. Eva slapped him playfully and they both started laughing.

"Shut up Eva,I've never actually flown! I didn't even know I had wings until a few weeks ago," Raven pointed out.

Eva'Luna shrugged and got up. Raven picked his and her bags off the ground and carried them in one hand while opening the door for her. They walked down the hallway and met up with everyone else.

"We heard you guys laughing in there,what was so funny?" Leila blurted out on the walk to Kaitlyn's truck.Eva'Luna giggled and Raven bit his lip again,it was becoming a habit for him.

"Oh,Raven was just being an idiot." Eva joked,Leila giggled and held Eva's hand and got in the truck. Mason and Emily sat in the truck bed. Raven rolled his eyes and got in the front while Dra sat in the back seat with Eva and Leila.

"You kids ready?" Kaitlyn asked. Everyone said yes except for Raven,who just nodded hesitantly. "Don't worry Raven,I wouldn't let anything bad happen to you kids alright?" Kaitlyn said. Raven nodded and looked out the window.

They made it back to the city and drove to the airport. Once they got there everyone got there stuff. Raven took Eva's bag and held her hand as they walked through the airport. Leila made fun comments and jokes throughout the way.

Raven squeezed Eva's hand as they got to the gate and sat down. He laid his head on the small girls shoulder and wrapped his arms around her figure. Leila took a picture and giggled as Eva narrowed her eyes at her.

"You both are so cute," Leila whispered,trying not to wake Raven. Eva smirked and rolled her eyes.

"Whatever," She said softly,kissing Ravens head and then waiting for the plane to be ready.