Part Ten | Raven's Confession

Raven and Eva'Luna stepped outside together and practiced her powers. Eva'Luna eventually sat down on the grass as Raven followed.

"I wanna ask you something."  Eva asked as Raven sat down. "Sure, love. What is it?" He asked.

Eva'Luna sighed softly. "Why do you always call me 'love'?" Raven thought about that for a moment before smiling gently.

"I just really like you." He said, he laid down, head in her lap. They looked at the stars for a bit.

"Why me?" She questioned. Raven laughed, he looked into her eyes.

"I just find you very interesting."

The two laid in the field for a few more hours in silence. After a while they went back inside and Raven sat down on the couch, Luna got them something to drink before sitting down with him. They didn't speak, they just stayed there. Luna fell asleep on Raven's shoulder while Raven slept with his arms wrapped around her.

The next morning they awoke to Mason and Emily banging things around in the kitchen and yelling. "Your siblings are loud.." Raven murmured, standing up. "Yeah, I know." Eva'Luna responded before going upstairs to change. Raven portaled home and the came back refreshed.

The two went into the kitchen to see Emily and Mason attempting to cook. "Mason, I thought we left the cooking to Emily?" Eva said,raising an eyebrow. "Well, she's trying to make me a healthy school lunch and it sucks!" Mason argued.

"School?" Eva'Luna asked. "Yep, it's Wednesday. And Emily is going to make me late!" Emily rolled her eyes and gave him a look that made him mumble something before stepping out of the kitchen.

"Sis, what do you and Raven want to take to school?" Emily asked.

"I don't go to school Em, remember?"  Emily nodded and sighed.

"I go to college soon, I don't want you alone while mom is working. You think you can stay with your friends?" She asked, making some yogurt for them. Raven smiled at her, and Luna nodded.

"Great! I need to go finish applying, eat up and I'll talk to you guys soon! Bye," Emily waved to them before running upstairs.

"So...you never actually said anything about my little confession." Raven said as they started to eat.

"Well,what would you like me to say?"

"Just tell me if you feel the same way or not."

"I couldn't tell you that answer right now, but in a matter of time I'll let you know,"

They finished eating and joked for a little while before Raven went home and Eva waited for her mom the get home.

"Hey sweetie, what are you doing?" Miss Falls asked as she walked in. "Can I ask you something?"

"Course you can, dearest."

"What do you do when someone tells you they like you..?"

"Hm...well, you tell them how you feel back. And if you can't, you tell them eventually."

"What did you do when dad told you how he felt?"

"Actually hun, he didn't. We just kinda knew how we felt about each other, no words needed."

"And then you had Emily?"

"Emily's adopted, did we not tell you that?"

"No, she looks just like dad?"

"She was originally our niece,but after her parents died we adopted her. Then we had Mason, and lastly you."

"Where is dad?"

Miss Falls gave her daughter a loving smile,forgetting how she never told her daughter about how her father is deceased.

"Sweetie....he isn't with us anymore."

Eva'Luna's eyes widened and she felt herself tear up.

"O-oh. Will you find love again..?" 

"Darling, the right person will find their way into my heart. And of course, they would need Mason's approval." She joked to her daughter. Luna smiled and hugged her mom, she had to process a lot in her new life,but she new she would make it out alive.

This book is honestly one of my favorite things in the world,I'm glad that your all liking it to~!