xvii. 𝓐 𝐒𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐄.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.
"𝐖𝐈𝐒𝐇 𝐖𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐈𝐌𝐄,
𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐎𝐋𝐃 𝐃𝐀𝐘𝐒

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐌𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐒 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐏,𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓

𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐄'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓."
ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

The gifs are mine.

          𝓘t's the 17th of December — Loki's birthday. Jaylanie's been going through it as the days were leading up to it, but she kept a brave face for the team.

She really tried her hardest to think of the good memories with him, but his death was all she could think about. No matter how hard she tried to push it aside, it never did.

Her heart ached with guilt from one of the last memories she had with him — the argument. One of the most heated arguments she's ever had and it pained her that it was with him.

They didn't break up, but it felt as though they did. Names were called, objects were thrown, Thor and Brunnhilde had to step in. It wasn't a physical fight, no one hit anyone, but they've been arguing almost every day leading up to his death, and they both needed some time apart from each other. She didn't even remember what the argument was about and she didn't want to anyway.

A soft knock was heard. "FRIDAY, open the door." She said softly, quickly wiping away her tears, pretending to look for something, her back turned to the door so he wouldn't speculate that she'd been crying.

"Sunflower?" Her father called out to her, lovingly. "I need you in the lab for a minute."

"I'll be right there, just looking for something." Lies. She thought, maybe he'd leave and wait for her to go down, but he stayed, waiting for her by the door. Jaylanie closed the drawer, turning to him. "I can't find it." She gave him a tight-lipped smile, making her way to where he was.

"I know you've been crying, Jaylanie," he told her as he closed the door behind them.

"What are you on about? No, I wasn't."

"Jaylanie, you are my daughter—"

"What does that have to do with anything?" They walked side by side, making their way down the cherry wood stairs, creaking every so often. He moved a piece of her hair behind her ear, inspecting it, and she already knew she'd been caught. "Your ears are red, hon."