xi. 𝓕𝐋𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐃𝐎𝐍𝐔𝐓.

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────
ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.
"𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏,
𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏'𝐒

  "𝐋𝐄𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐓𝐑𝐈𝐏,𝐌𝐘 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐏'𝐒

𝐀𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐀𝐋 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋 𝐒𝐎 𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄𝐃.
𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐋, 𝐀𝐋𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓."
ɴᴏᴠᴀʟɪsᴇ.
───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

          "𝓓ad, please!" Jaylanie and her father have been arguing non-stop as they ran on the street, running past people who were yelling and seeking shelter as quickly as they can, running frantically in the opposite direction. "Jaylanie!" Tony has grown impatient with the constant nagging from his daughter and he was sick of it. He turned around to look at her sternly. "You are not coming and that's final! End. Of. Discussion." Jaylanie was silent, completely surprised by her father's yelling. "But—"

"No buts! I already lost you once, I don't want to lose you again! Now, go!" Jaylanie sucked her teeth, stomping her foot like a child. "I only want the best for you and you know that," that was the last thing he said before he left with Wong and Bruce. She knew where he was coming from and she understood his concern, but she's proved herself time and time again that she's capable of handling things like this, and still, he doesn't seem to see that.

"Hey, Sorcerer Mickey, get her out of here." Stephen looked at Jaylanie apologetically before opening a portal, sucking Jaylanie in. "Oh, c'mon!" Her body collided with the ground with a thud, landing on her bad arm, and she winced in pain. "Fucking dumbass." She said to herself after seeing he sent her to the deli down the block. She quickly rose to her feet, dusting off her suit, looking around to see who just saw her fall through a random, sparkling hole in the middle of the air.

Unfortunately, there were many, many people there despite what's going on outside. They all stopped what they were doing and looked at her with fear, and the realization hit, some even grabbing their children, holding them close. "Oooh!" She tittered, nervously. "I'm actually not dead, believe it or not. I was on this, like, weird planet in outer space, fighting this crazy lady, who also happened to be my best friend's sister, and then the planet, like, exploded, and now, hopefully, if they aren't all dead, they're on their way here! Not those guys, though!" She pointed at the door. "Other people. They're from a planet called—" she caught herself starting to ramble, something she does whenever she was nervous. "You know, this definitely isn't the time to explain, um, I'm just gonna— I'm just gonna go,"

Jaylanie gave them a sheepish smile, completely embarrassed. "I'm so sorry," she began backing up towards the door. "You should leave and find shelter, too, because the world's basically ending, so," she shrugged, stumbling out of the deli to look for her teammates. Jaylanie looked to her left and saw the group standing before the same squid-man she saw with Thanos, and she booked it.