Don't Worry (Tom Riddle x Reader) Pt. 3

A/N: Since a lot of you requested part 3, this is part 3 of Don't Worry. You are Y/N Potter (aged 15), the girl who lived. This takes place in your 5th year (Harry's 2nd). You are a Slytherin.

Previously

"Listen here, Riddle! You leave Ginny and Harry alone!"

"I can't do that, darling! I need Ginny's life to become real and I need your brother dead!"

"What about me? Are you going to kill me too?"

"Why would I? You're my Slytherin Queen", Tom says, looking at me lovingly. I try not to break.

"You're forgetting something, Riddle."

"What?"

"I'm Y/N Potter, the Girl who Lived! If you're going to kill Harry, you have to kill me too!"

3rd person

Tom stares at Y/N wide-eyed.  She wraps her arms wrapped around Harry protectively. 

"Darling, you can't be serious", Tom says. Y/N glares at him fiercely as she pushes Harry behind her. 

"I'm serious, Riddle", she snaps. His heart deflates as he watches her put her guards back up. She starts for him and Tom closes his eyes and sighs. 

 "Have it your way then", says Tom, "Kill them." The basilisk reappears, moving toward Y/N Harry; they could hear its heavy body slithering heavily across the dusty floor. Eyes still tightly shut, Y/N grabs Harry's hand and they run blindly sideways, their free hands outstretched, feeling their way. Tom watches his queen sadly as Harry trips, knocking them both to the ground. They fall hard onto the stone and tasted blood. The serpent was barely feet from the siblings, they could hear it coming. There was a loud, explosive spitting sound right above them, and then something heavy hit Y/N so hard that she was smashed into the wall with Harry landing next to her. Waiting for fangs to sink through her body she heard more mad hissing, something thrashing wildly off the pillars. They couldn't help it and opened their eyes wide enough to squint at what was going on. The enormous serpent, bright, poisonous green, thick as an oak trunk, had raised itself high in the air, and its great blunt head was weaving drunkenly between the pillars. As the Potters trembled, ready to close their eyes if it turned, they saw what had distracted the snake. Fawkes was soaring around its head, and the basilisk was snapping furiously at him with fangs long and thin as sabers —Fawkes dived. His long golden beak sank out of sight and a sudden shower of dark blood spattered the floor. The snake's tail thrashed, narrowly missing Y/N, and before she could shut her eyes, it turned. Harry and Y/N looked straight into its face and saw that its eyes, both its great, bulbous yellow eyes, had been punctured by the phoenix; blood was streaming to the floor, and the snake was spitting in agony. 

"NO!", Tom yells, "LEAVE THE BIRD! LEAVE THE BIRD! THE BOY IS BEHIND YOU! YOU CAN STILL SMELL HIM! KILL HIM!" Y/N looks at Tom surprised as the blinded serpent swayed, confused, still deadly. He doesn't want her dead? Fawkes was circling its head, piping his eerie song, jabbing here and there at its scaly nose as the blood poured from its ruined eyes. 

"Help us, help us", Harry mutters wildly, "someone — anyone —" The snake's tail whipped across the floor again. Harry and Y/N ducked. Something soft hit Harry's face. The basilisk had swept the Sorting Hat into Harry's arms. Harry seized it. It was all he had left, his only chance — he rammed it onto his head and threw himself flat onto the floor as the basilisk's tail swung over him again.

 'Help us — help us', Harry thought, his eyes screwed tight under the hat, 'Please help us.' There was no answering voice. Instead, the hat contracted, as though an invisible hand was squeezing it very tightly. Something very hard and heavy thudded onto the top of Harry'shead, almost knocking him out. Stars winking in front of his eyes, he grabbed the top of the hat to pull it off and felt something long and hard beneath it. A gleaming silver sword had appeared inside the hat, its handle glittering with rubies the size of eggs.