Scars (NextGen! Newt x Reader)

A/N: For any confusion, this is Newton (Newt) Scamander II, Luna and Rolf's oldest son. I also included a character called Isla Wood (Oliver's daughter). Anyways, you are Y/N L/N and a Gryffindor. Newt and the reader are already in a relationship when this takes place. A slight warning: this one-shot contains mention of self-harm and depression. A slight disclaimer: this might be terrible. 

Y/N's POV

"Y/N, why are you wearing a sweater?", Rose asks, as I approach her, Albus, Scorpius, and Newt.

"Yeah, it's early June", Scorpius adds. 

"I'm cold", I reply. 

"It's June", says Albus. 

"So? I can still be cold!", I snap. Albus holds up his hands defensively, as I huff and sit down next to Newt. 

"Are you okay?", Newt asks, placing his hand over mine. I flinch and pull my hand away slightly before relaxing. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, Newt", I mumble. Newt gives me a disbelieving look as James rushes up to us. 

"Guys!", James yells, "We should go swimming in the lake!" Everyone jumps up in excitement as I stay rooted in my seat. They start walking up the path before they realize I wasn't following. 

"Y/N?", Rose asks, looking back at me, "Are you coming?" Newt turns around as I nod. 

"Yeah, I'll be there in a bit", I say. I never went. About an hour and a half later, Rose walks into our dorm with a towel wrapped around her. 

"Y/N, why didn't you go to the lake?", Rose asks as she enters our dorm, "You said you would be there." 

"Oh, I couldn't find my swimsuit", I say. 

"You mean this swimsuit?", says our roommate Isla, holding up my black one-piece.  

"Oh, there it is", I say awkwardly. I take it from Isla who joins Rose in giving me a questioning look. 

"Is something wrong Y/N?", Rose asks, sitting down on my bed. 

"I'm okay", I say, shaking my head as both of my roommates watch me. I smile at them before the three of us settle into a conversation about our Herbology homework. 

----Mini Time Skip----

Newt's POV

"Newt, can you go get Y/N?", Rose asks, "She's still up in our room looking for her cardigan."

"Isn't she going to come down herself?", James asks. 

"This was 30 minutes ago", Isla says, looking up from her book. We all share a puzzled look as I get up. I head up to the castle and make my way to the Gryffindor Tower. 

"Password?", asks the Fat Lady. 

"Fortuna fortes adiuvat." The portrait swings open. I step through it and rush up the stairs before they turn into a slide. 

"Hey Y/N", I say, knocking on her dorm room door. When she doesn't answer, I pull out my wand and mumble the unlocking charm. I swing the door open to find the room completely empty. The bathroom light was on as I walk further into the room. The door swings open to reveal a pale Y/N. For the first time since we became friends, Y/N wasn't wearing a sweater. My eyes widen as they land on her arms. They're all littered with scars. 

"Newt!", Y/N says, startled as she finally notices me standing there. She frantically tries to pull on her Gryffindor cardigan as I silently step towards her. I take the cardigan from her and throw it to the side. I carefully grab her wrist causing her to try snatching it back. 

"Y/N, show me", I say forcefully. Y/N freezes and I automatically feel bad. I try shaking off the feeling as I gently turn her arm over to reveal her scarred wrists. I run my finger over one as Y/N's bottom lip starts to tremble. 

"Newt..."

"Why?"

"I don't want to talk about it", Y/N mumbles.

"You don't have to", I say, "But just know that I'm always here for you." 

"I love you", Y/N whispers. I smile at her. 

"I love you too." I press a kiss to her forehead before pampering her scarred wrists with kisses too.