Chapter 29: Containment Breach

Start from the beginning

"I don't wanna talk about it." Bucky stated, glaring at the man.

"You fear that if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop." There was a small pause as the interviewer seemed to look at something on a screen in front of him. "Don't worry. We only have to talk about one." Suddenly the lights shut off, being replaced by blaring red ones which made you think something had just gone wrong.

"Shit. Hey, maybe we should-" You were cut off by the man.

"No need to worry, Mr. L/N. In fact, I think I could ask you this next question. Do you remember your home?" The interviewer turned to you, making you a little confused.

"Not really. I know it was a decently sized house." You tried to think about it.

"Oh, no, no, no. I mean your real home." The man retracted a book from his bag, and you couldn't quite see what it was, but a feeling of sudden anxiety hit you. The man removed his glasses, retrieving a small torch from his pocket and opening the book. Once he opened it, you could see the star on the cover and the red tint. No... You made to lunge forward, but suddenly your body stopped.

"смерть! (Death!)" You instantly fell to your knees as a searing pain shot through your head, restricting your movement.  "затмение! (Eclipse!)" The man paced around you in a calm manner, and you could faintly hear yelling coming from Bucky as he tried to get your attention. "опустошение! (Devastation)" You could see Bucky trying to break out of his restraints, but clearly was having no luck. "тишина! (Silence!)" You continued to clutch your head, pressing your skull against the ground and practically screeching. "десять! объединяйтесь! Покойся с миром! (Ten! Unite! Rest in peace!) "превращаться! коготь! (Transform! Claw!)" "мигать! (Blink!)" Finally everything stopped. There was no more pain, no more issues going on for you. There were no emotions currently going on for you. "доброе утро солдат. (Good morning, soldier.)" Your head slowly looked upwards to meet the 'interviewer'.

"готов подчиниться. (Ready to comply.)"

Steve's POV

Me and Sam reached the room we were looking for, running in to find the interviewer on the floor. There were bodies scattered all around the outside, and I was not happy. I immediately walked over and grabbed him by his shirt and slamming him against the wall.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I questioned, glancing at the shattered containment cell that Bucky was inside. The man took a few breaths as he stared back at me.

"To see an empire fall." He replied. The sound of concrete being smashed behind me made me turn around, seeing Sam dodging attacks from Bucky who was clearly back to being the Winter Soldier. I dropped the doctor and began to make my way over to help, but a hard kick hit me in my ribs, sending me back and into the wall. When I looked up to face my attacker, I saw none other than Y/N.

"Y/N? What are you-" I was cut short as I had to narrowly dodge another kick, then a punch as Y/N began advancing on me, pushing me back down the hallway. I dodged another two strikes before grabbing his wrist and throwing him over me, but he landed on his feet and punched me in my jaw, his powers surrounding his fist and sending me sprawling backwards and slamming through the now completely destroyed containment cell. When I looked back up, Y/N, Bucky, and the doctor were all gone. Sam was resting against a wall, clearly tired out just from one fight with Buck. "I'll take Bucky, you go after the doctor. Let's hope the others can handle Y/N."

3rd Person POV

Tony peered around a stone column, seeing Y/N throw a man through a table and grab a woman by the hair, throwing her into a wall. He quickly reeled around the column, raising his gauntlet and firing a concussion blast at Y/N, who shrugged it off, turning to face Tony. Tony then fired another concussion blast and attempted to try hand to hand combat, but this only lasted for a few seconds before Y/N grabbed him by the hair and slammed his knee into Tony's nose, then threw him back and through the tables. Turning around, Y/N was then met by Sharon who made her attack, using combinations of kicks and strikes to keep him on the defensive, then being followed up by Natasha and her own attacks. Recoiling back, Y/N ducked under Natasha in a surprising twist, then punched Sharon's jaw full force, sending her flying backwards and onto the ground harshly. Natasha took the opportunity and landed a roundhouse kick to the back of his head, but this was just met by more of a violent attack as Y/N grabbed the front of her shirt, spinning and tossing her through a glass window. There was a couple seconds of pause before T'Challa then moved in to attack. He kicked Y/N rather skilfully, dodging punches and landing his own. Y/N finally broke this by summoning energy to his palm and slamming it downwards, creating a shockwave which knocked T'Challa back. He followed this up by barreling forwards and driving his knee into the king's face, instantly sending him into the air where he hit the back of his torso against a walkway that was above them. The force caused him to spin before landing on his back with a thud. Y/N then silently began making his way through the building again, searching for more people to tend to.

"Shit." Tony exclaimed, slowly getting up from where he had landed. Whatever had just happened to Y/N had made him attack them with no remorse. There was no emotion in his eyes when he'd fought. "Friday, call back up." Tony ordered as he ran over to see where Y/N had gone.

Steve had struggled to stop Bucky, but in the end the two crashed down into the water below after Steve stopped his friend from leaving in a helicopter. Steve had dragged Bucky out and onto the shore, calling for Sam to come help him hide Bucky.

Y/N had reached the roof and was searching for where both Steve and Bucky had gone. He walked to the edge of the damaged helipad, looking down to the riverbanks and spotting Steve holding an unconscious Bucky. Y/N stepped back and began a running jump as he prepared to make his way to the two when a force hit his legs and caused him to trip, catching himself with his hands and turning around to face whoever had hit him. Pietro stood tall, watching him curiously and warily. Pietro then began running around Y/N, hitting what seemed like unblockable punches because of his speed. As Pietro attempted to hit him in the head, Y/N unleashed a burst of energy which caught Pietro like molasses. He followed up by kicking Pietro in the jaw with his heel, knocking his opponent backwards where he rolled across the ground. A beam then hit Y/N in the back, sending him rolling back towards the roof entrance where he caught himself on his feet. Vision slowly descended down onto the helipad, standing his ground.

"Enough, Y/N. You must listen to me. What you are doing is wrong, and you are attacking innocent-" Vision began to explain in his usual AI like way, but Y/N stopped him short by summoning his sword and diving at Vis. Vision attempted to phase through the attack, but energy burst down the weapon's blade and made harsh contact, cutting through Vision's abdomen and leaving a long burn mark. Vision grunted in pain, moving and trying to grapple Y/N. He managed to catch him, landing two punches to his chest before recoiling as to narrowly dodge a strike to his face. Y/N dove forwards and slammed his fist into Vision's jaw, then slashed off his left arm while he was stunned. A blast of energy then escaped his weapon, crashing into Vision and sending him across the ground. It was clearly going to take Vis a few seconds to get up, and Y/N capitalised by beginning to approach again, aiming to decapitate him this time. Then an odd feeling washed over him, almost warm but cold at the same time. He stabbed his sword into the ground, seeing a confused expression on Vision's face. Y/N turned around as red magic slowly dissipated into thin air, the wielder standing in front of him with a nervous look. Only one thing escaped Y/N's mouth before his body cut out and he fell unconscious.

"Wanda?"