Masquerade

Forbes Residence

Caroline wakes up and has a text from Grace telling her to meet at the Salvatore Boarding House. She quickly gets ready and rushes to the Salvatore Boarding House.

Salvatore Boarding House

Caroline knocks and Stefan lets her in.

They arrive at the living room.

"What happened?" Caroline asks.

"Go ahead, tell them. You're gonna love this," Damon says.

"I saw Katherine today," Grace says.

"Where?" Stefan asks.

"At the Grill. I just stopped by to gawk and...quasi-stalk Matt," Grace tells them.

The flashback starts. Grace tells them the story. She's looking at Matt; he sees her.

"Do you need a table?" Matt asks.

"No, I'm not staying. I just needed to use the little girls' room," Grace tells him.

"Skip the teen drama and get to it," Damon tells her.

"Then I had to pretend to use the bathroom even though I didn't really have to go," Grace tells them.

Grace is in the bathroom. She's washing her hands when Katherine arrives. She poses as Elena.

"Elena?" Grace asks.

"Hey, I saw you with Matt, are you okay?" Katherine asks.

"Yeah, you know...whatever," Grace says.

Grace tries to superspeed past Katherine. But Katherine grabs her and pulls her back.

"You're good," Katherine says, then asks, "What gave me away? Was it the hair? Or was it my clothes?"

"I know Elena is...I know Elena's at home," Grace says.

"I need you to deliver a message," Katherine says.

"What was the message?" Caroline asks.

"Tell Damon and Stefan that I want the moonstone or I will rip this town apart until it rains blood," Katherine tells Grace.

"Tell them the rest of it," Damon says.

"Tonight, at the masquerade ball," Katherine says to Grace.

Salvatore Boarding House

The flashback ends.

"She wants to do it in public. Killing Mason threw her off guard," Stefan tells them.

"She's running scared. What she did to Jenna was desperate. She's out of tricks," Damon tells them.

"We can't underestimate her. We have to play this smarter than her," Stefan tells them.

"Can we just give her the moonstone so she'll leave?" Caroline asks.

"No, Katherine's not getting dick. I've had it. I'm gonna go to the masquerade ball and I'm gonna kill her, tonight," Damon tells them.

"You're not gonna kill her," Stefan says.

"Don't give me that goody-goody crap," Damon says.

"You're not gonna kill her," Stefan says.

"Really?" Damon asks.

"Because I am," Stefan says.

Later

Caroline opens the front door and Bonnie is there.

"Hey, come on in," Caroline says.

"I got Stefan's message," Bonnie says.