Daddy Issues

Forbes Residence

Caroline leaves her house out and locks the door. She turns around to find Tyler waiting by her car. She walks over to him.

"Hey. How's it going?" Caroline asks.

"We need to talk," Tyler says.

"What do you want to talk about?" Caroline asks.

"What happened to my uncle Mason?" Tyler asks.

"What?" Caroline asks.

"He's dead, and I want you to tell me what happened," Tyler tells her.

"I... I don't..." Caroline begins.

"Then let me tell you: Stefan and his brother Damon killed him, because Stefan and Damon are vampires, just like Grace. And you seem to follow them around," Tyler tells her.

"Who told you that?" Caroline asks.

"Is it true?" Tyler asks.

"Let me explain," Caroline says.

"Did you know he was dead this whole time?" Tyler asks.

"Please..." Caroline begins.

"Did you know?!" Tyler asks.

She nods, and Tyler pushes her angrily against her car.

"I'm sorry, Tyler. I'm sorry," Caroline says.

"I trusted you!" Tyler says.

He regains some of his composure and lets her go. He leaves Caroline stunned and upset.

Later

Caroline lets Stefan in.

"What's wrong?" Stefan asks.

"Tyler knows about you and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason. I didn't say a word nor did Grace," Caroline tells him.

"It's that woman, Jules. She had a run-in with Damon," Stefan says.

"Tyler was so upset. The look on his face, he was so betrayed," Caroline tells him.

"Wow, this is bad," Stefan says.

"You're not gonna tell Damon, are you?" Caroline asks.

"No! He already wants to kill him. He thinks all werewolves should die, and he's not wrong to think that, Caroline. I mean, what if Tyler tries to retaliate? He has every right to. He could get himself killed," Stefan tells her.

"I'm a werewolf also and I am your friend. Not all werewolves are bad, Stefan. And well, we're not gonna let that happen. We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid. You have to talk to him. Just try to explain, you know? You always know the right things to say, okay? He and I... we're friends," Caroline tells him.

Mystic Grill

Grace picks up Caroline from work and they walk in the parking lot walking towards Grace's car. Grace presses her key button to unlock the door. Matt approaches them.

"Hey! Hey!" Matt says.

"Hey," Caroline and Grace say.

"I haven't seen both of you," Matt says looking directly at Grace.

"I'm not avoiding you, I swear," Grace says.

"Yeah, you're avoiding me a little," Matt says.

"Okay, maybe a little," Grace says.

"Can we talk later? I mean, I'm heading to work right now, but maybe after, to clear some of this weirdness?" Matt asks.

"Yeah, yeah, I'd really like that. I'll just swing by when you're closing?" Grace asks.