Brave New World

Mystic Falls High School

Everyone is preparing for the Mystic Falls High School Carnival. Caroline, Bonnie, and Elena are taking care of everything.

"Katherine looked just like Elena, it was freakish," Bonnie says.

"She is my ancestor. Hey, I moved the student booth into the cafeteria," Elena says.

"Your vampire ancestor and she didn't just resemble you like a family member would. She was you," Bonnie tells her.

"I don't know, I can't explain it. It's creepy, that all I got," Caroline tells them.

"How do you know she's not still out there pretending to be you?" Bonnie asks.

"We don't but we could sit here and be tortured by the not-knowing or I could get these prizes to the ring toss," Caroline tells them.

"Have you talked to Damon since he killed Jeremy or tried to kill Jeremy?" Bonnie asks.

"He tried to kill Jeremy?" Caroline asks.

"Yes, yesterday and no Bonnie, I haven't and I won't and I don't want to talk about Damon or anything else that's vampire related okay?" Elena tells them, gives a bad full of plush to Bonnie, saying, "I'm human. And I have to do human stuff. Otherwise, I'm going to go crazy."

"Okay, I'm sorry, I'll focus. We have to make Caroline and Grace proud or they will kill us. I don't know how you and Grace do all of this," Bonnie tells them.

"Well because we're not human, obviously. I know for sure I won't kill you," Caroline says.

"Obviously you and Grace are not human," Elena says and they laugh.

Caroline starts managing all of the booths putting supplies in them for the carnival.

That night

The carnival is underway. Caroline is talking with Bonnie.

"The ring toss is out of Bart and Homer dolls and Team Jacob T's," Bonnie tells her.

"Okay, I can grab some from the science club. Also we lost a speaker in the karaoke room," Caroline tells her.

"Hey, all good Caroline, take a beat, look around. This is a huge success, and you did it without your partner in crime," Bonnie tells her.

"You mean I can do more than just freak supernatural havoc?" Caroline asks.

"Go figure," Bonnie says.

They laugh, Caroline looks at a man who is repairing one of the stands.

"Hey, Carter, right?" Caroline asks, then says, "You're with the carnival."

"That'll be me," Carter says.

"Okay, great," Caroline says.

Carter looks at Bonnie asking, "Wow, what do you need beautiful?"

"What do you know about karaoke speakers?" Bonnie asks.

"Why don't you show me the problem?" Carter asks.

Caroline motions encouragingly with her eyes saying, "Yeah Bonnie, show him the problem."

"Okay, come on," Bonnie says.

They leave, and Caroline smiles.

Later

Caroline, Elena, Stefan, and Damon are in a classroom talking about Grace.

"How did this happen?" Stefan asks.

"Well, I fed her blood and Katherine obviously killed her and A plus B equals..." Damon begins.