The Dinner Party

Mystic Grill

Alaric, Damon, Caroline, and Andie are at a table.

"Other than your lecture on the history of Mystic Falls, did you get anything out of Elijah?" Caroline asks.

"No, it was boring. Of course, Jenna thinks he's charming," Alaric tells them.

"You sounded jealous. Sound a bit jealous?" Damon asks.

"Kinda do," Andie says.

"Maybe we shouldn't talk about this here," Caroline says.

Alaric and Caroline glance over at Andie.

"Andie, she's been compelled not to divulge my secrets. Haven't you?" Damon tells them.

"Uh-huh," Andie says.

Damon and Andie kiss.

"Mmm. My lips are sealed," Andie says.

Alaric and Caroline stare at them in disgust.

"This is too weird," Alaric says.

"I just need the right opportunity," Damon says.

Damon sees Elijah and Jenna enter the Grill.

"Ah, there's Jenna with her new boyfriend. Hi," Damon tells them.

Elijah and Jenna walk up to their table.

"Hey, guys," Jenna says.

"So I hear you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today," Damon tells them.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that," Jenna says.

"Well, as much as I'd like to continue this, I've got papers to grade," Alaric tells them.

"I have to get back to working, because my break is almost over," Caroline says.

Alaric puts down some money and gets up from the table. Caroline just had water so she didn't pay anything, and also got up from the table.

"No, you know what? We should continue this. Let's have a dinner party," Andie tells them.

"Ooh, my girl. Full of good ideas. I'll be happy to host. Say tonight. Maybe?" Damon tells them.

"I can go, I don't have anything else to do tonight," Caroline tells them.

"It's good for me. Jenna?" Andie says.

"I don't know if tonight works..." Alaric begins.

"Yeah, I'm free," Jenna says.

"It'd be a pleasure," Elijah says.

"Great," Damon says.

Salvatore Boarding House

Caroline, Jenna, and Andie are preparing the table for the dinner party.

"So what's going on with you and Alaric? I feel like there's some tension," Caroline tells Jenna.

"I don't know. I really like him. It's more than like and I want it to work, but I can't help but feel that he's hiding something from me. And then I've got John whispering things in my ear about him," Jenna tells them.

"Like what?" Caroline asks.

"Things I don't want to believe. Things I don't believe, not if they're coming from John's mouth," Jenna tells them.

"Oh. Well, there you go, then. Trust is the key to any relationship. I mean, I am so grateful that Damon tells me everything," Andie tells her.

Later