Chapter 33: Teach Me How to Fight

Start from the beginning

He turns to me now, putting a hand up to catch the dummy as it swings back to him. He regards me with his fierce green eyes, raising a ridge of his eyebrow.

"What's in it for me?"

"You get to tell me what to do, isn't that enough for you?"

He narrows his eyes slightly, clearly suspicious of my intentions, "so let me get this straight," he starts, he points a finger at me. "You, want to know how to punch and kick, from me?"

"Yes, I want to learn how to fight aggressively."

"And if I say yes that means you would have to do everything I say?"

"In theory."

His eyes seem to spark at that idea, a smirk coming on to his face.

"So my training my rules."

Did I not just say that?

"Yes."

His smirk widens into a grin and he clasps his hands together.

"Alright then"

~~~~

I stand in front of the dummy wearing my running clothes while Raph is off to the side with his arms crossed.

"Okay show me how you punch."

"We're not going to do any warm-ups first...?

"Yeah sure Damsel and while we do that we'll warm up some tea too."

I sigh.

"You said I'm the boss Damsel, just throw a punch."

Fighting against the urge to sigh or roll my eyes at him, I do as he requests - balling my hand up in a fist and throwing it at the dummy.

It didn't move an inch.

Actually, I misjudged my distance and I only just managed to hit it.

Slowly I look to Raph seeing his appalled face. I give him a weak grin.

"I thought you do Aikido."

"I do..."

He raises his eyebrow ridges at me in disbelief, "please tell me you can hit harder than that."

I turn back to the dummy and readjust my stance so that I'm closer to the thing; this time I try to put more force into it and thankfully I'm able to actually hit the dummy but as I do I feel as if my hand collided with cement - the dummy being more full of stuffing than I thought.

I stand there for a moment, eye twitching and then my stance instantly crumbles as I retract my hand- shaking it in anguish.

"Fuuuuuuuck!" I can't help but yell out, the bones in my hand feeling like they've shattered. "What's in that thing?!?! Solid gold?!?!"

He watches me in astonishment.

"So you can't punch uh what about kicking? Can you at least do that?"

I look at him still nursing my hand, "what and get my foot broken too? Are you kidding me?"

"You're always running from something surely your kick is better than your punch!"