Chapter 5: Just a normal day in the sewers

New York is a very well lit place with it's largely built buildings and multitude of lampposts. Light is found just about everywhere there but the one place that eludes it is the underground, the sewers that lay dormant under the bustling city.  Yet while many a New Yorker would believe that their sewers were only populated by bugs and alligators, they would be solely mistake. 

If one were to take a specific path down the sewers, making the right turns and the right steps then one would discover an abandoned subway platform where five peculiar specimen had turned it into their own home. From looking in you could see the TV, a lounge, several rooms branching off. 

Few of these specimen are making use of their surroundings; a giant humanoid turtle is sitting in front of the TV with an orange mask tied around his head, his baby blue eyes large with excitement. He stares at the TV with such anticipation that the freckles on his cheeks might jump off at any moment. Behind him, being a complete contrast is another turtle, this time a red mask is tied around his head- his vibrant green eyes focused on the comic that's in his hand. 

"Mikey, calm down I can hear your breathing from over here." The red-masked turtle says in annoyance. 

"But Raph, we're going to be on the news!" Mikey exclaims in excitement, turning to look at his older brother. "That's never happened before!" 

"We're not going to be on the news Mikey, we're never going to be on the news."

"But this might be the one time that we are!" The younger cries out, rather optimistic about the outcome. He continues to look at the TV, biting his finger nails in excitement. He lets out a squeal of delight and leans further towards the TV as he sees the channel six broadcast

"Breaking news, a noodle shop near downtown was set on fire by what police believes to be the leader of the Purple Dragons. It is also thought that civilians were trapped in the establishment being left to burn but it's been reported that four unknown heroes freed them and potentially saved a young teenage girl." The reporter continues on talking about how several of the victims were burned, all but one person was in a functioning state. Mikey just ignores it and lets out a yell of joy, jumping up as he punches the air. This then prompted the sound of an explosion and the entrance of a turtle with a blue mask, his sapphire eyes glinting in annoyance.

"Mikey, I cannot meditate if-" 

But Mikey just interrupts him as he races over and wraps him in a celebratory hug, "we're on the news!" He yells triumphantly. "We're on the news Leo! We're on the news!" Leo just sighs and peels Mikey off of him. His attention then switches from the younger brother to the arrival of the last remaining brother- a tall turtle with hazel eyes and a purple mask tied. However majority of the purple was obscured by the black soot on his face.

"Can you guys please keep it down!" He grits out in a stern voice. "I am working on a very meticulous project and I cannot concentrate if-" He stops talking ,his concentration being directed to the TV as it kept playing the news of Murakami's shop. "Hey... That's from earlier."

"Wow really? I didn't know that Donnie." Raph exclaims sarcastically, still not taking his attention away from his comic to acknowledge his brothers. Donnie just rolled his eyes as Mikey interjected now freeing Leo from his tight grasp. 

"Yeah dude we're on TV!" Mikey jumped back over to his spot in front of the TV, landing in his beanbag. "It's so cool! We're famous dudes."

"They don't even know it was us that saved them!" Leo states, being the voice of reason. "And we still didn't find Murakami or even put out the shop-"

"Leooo. My dude." Mikey lolls his head to look over at him. "Take a chill pill. We're on the newsss and we freed all of those other dudes, see!" He then points to the screen which was showing the survivors that were huddled behind the reporter who was on the scene, to the side was a stretched that was had a teenage girl resting upon it, her shirt burned slightly. "And it's Donnie's girl."