Chapter Three: A Formal Introduction

"Hey, hi-ya! It's good to see you're well."

(Y/n) blinks at the animal in front of her: a white bipedal mouse(?) in a tux. There's all this fuss about quirked animals, yet there's one in front of her—and he talks??

"You look rather confused. I assure you that I'm a special case—nothing like the Pokémon you're so familiar with."

(Y/n) blinks again. She was inclined to ask how so but decides against it. "If you say so..."

The teen stood front and center within the spacious administrative office. The talking mouse stands on the sturdy desk like a pedestal his disposition chipper, unlike the people that surrounded him.

(E/c) eyes remain on the principal as she feels her nervousness rise. Having so many eyes watching was unsettling to say the least. Though, she can't help but to think this would be expected. Her circumstances would no doubt bring a cause for concern. She and the Pokémon that passed through was like an infiltration, for lack of a better term.

"I can only imagine how overwhelming everything is to you right now. Though, I assure you that it won't always be like this."

(Y/n) doubted that, but she nods anyway.

"Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Nezu, and I'm the principal of UA."

(Y/n) nods once more.

"I don't think I ever got your name?" The Top Ranger straightens their posture.

"(L/n) (Y/n)."

"Nice to meet you, (L/n). It has come to my attention that you have been met with an unfortunate fate." He gestures to Kayama of whom stood next to her.

"Midnight had informed me that you were beached and wandering with no destination in mind. She had escorted you to the police but last night's incident involving a creature named 'Lugia' brought out your abilities."

"That's the gist of it." The girl gives a sheepish scratch to her cheek and Nezu gives out a hum.

"That's quite concerning. A considerably large area of the city has suffered damage. Is this a common situation that happens with these creatures?"

(Y/n) shakes her head. "No. Most pokémon are friendly so long as they are unprovoked. Lugia is also a rare case. They are within a subset of Pokémon called 'legendary'. It's not very often that the average person will witness, much less be within the vicinity of them."

"I see. You handled the situation well from what I've heard. You must not be an average person then." The girl's brows furrow. Perhaps her choice of words weren't the best.

"I wouldn't say that...What I mean is that I've been trained for these types of things. While it's not very often that I come across legendary pokémon, it's not really that uncommon of an occurrence either. Does that make sense?" The principal nods.

"Do you mean to tell me that you have, or in this case, had an occupation in taming them?"

"Yes."

"Pray tell, how old are you? Judging by your appearance, you don't seem that far removed from our own students."

"I'm 15, sir."

Quite a bit of chatter wafted throughout the office at this information, though (Y/n) didn't bother to try and piece any words together. Nezu shares the same sentiment and disregards the quiet conversations to continue speaking with her.

"I'd say that's' a very dangerous position for you to be in, but that'd be rather hypocritical of me."

(Y/n) opens her mouth to ask for elaboration but the talking mouse beats her to it.