Chapter Four: Home

(Image credit to Bozo2 on Newgrounds)

The conversation that resumed with Principal Nezu was extensive to say the least, and even so, it only scratched the surface of all that needed to be covered. Regardless, (Y/n) listened intently, doing her best to understand, and asking questions whenever she did not.

The most notable information from their exchange was Nezu's elaboration of UA.

'A hero school, huh?' the teen thought to herself before being brought back from her subconscious. She had an inkling that this was some sort of academy, just not of this degree. Though, it did make sense.

"This all seems too good to be true... A professional 'Pokémon Ranger' appearing in Musutafu alongside the pokémon themselves..." She knows what he means. The outcome of this situation seemed like divine intervention in a way, and (Y/n) didn't know what to think. So, she wouldn't dwell on it and push the thought aside for now.

"It's a wonder but a relief. So much is happening, and anything that'll make things easier is an opportunity I'm willing to consider." The mouse's disposition had noticeably changed, taking a more serious tone. He held a sturdy card in paw—(Y/n)'s identification card to be exact. Despite its pristine off-white coloring and tangible black lettering, small dents and scratches littered the item indicating its wear-and-tear. The girl's personal information was complete with a headshot photograph and as he tentatively tilted the card, he views the hologram of an insignia: a globe with meridians. Once he'd finished studying the ID, Nezu passes it over to the investigators of whom held the remainder of (Y/n)'s items.

By means of security protocol, (Y/n) had been without her duffel ever since she arrived on UA's campus. Conceding almost everything she possessed irked her, but it had to be done. If she wanted to have a stake for herself in this world it'd be best not to do anything that could garner doubt or mistrust. Only Honchkrow and the red cap on her head was what she had. When she laid down to rest last night, she worried for her other companions immensely. The Top Ranger wouldn't know what she'd do if anything happened to them. Thankfully, it seems that the faculty hadn't started frisking through her bag until now, choosing to audit the allocated materials while she was present. The two poké balls that housed Carracosta and Raichu lay on the desk with Honchkrow's own next to them. She was at ease knowing that they were safe. Everything else that she had in her duffel was being meticulously laid out. Everything from her work equipment and technical records to the food and medicine that she had remaining. Taking a deep breath, the girl waits until she is prompted—expecting that everyone will most likely want explanations.

"Almost all of the items that you carry are completely unfamiliar, a clear indication of your otherworldly status. I'm sure you already know this, but with the unprecedented turn of events that have transpired, I have a duty to the students and faculty of UA first and foremost. Anything in your possession that can cause any immediate danger to them will be confiscated."

(Y/n) already suspected this, but...

"Does this rule apply to my pokémon?" she asked worriedly. Nezu takes pause, mulling over his response.

"I'm inclined to say 'no', but we'll just have to see," Nezu answers. (Y/n)'s brow furrows. What did he mean by that? Though, of course, before she can ask any further Nezu moves on to viewing the items once more.

"Let's start out with these." He gestures to the red and white capsules that are within his reach. "I see that you've been constantly keeping your eye on these ever since they were laid out." The principal then turns to one of the many officers in the room of whom was holding a case that housed many other empty poke balls. Some of them had the same classic red and white motif though there were others that did not.